Page 222 of 302 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I've never met anyone who totally against a fbs move. Logistics were more of a concern.
    Mmmm, there were definitely people against a G5 move at some point, though I’m not sure if any of them still exist. I’ll admit I was one of them at one point. I didn’t like the idea of meaningless bowl games at the end of the year. I no longer feel this way.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've never met anyone who totally against a fbs move. Logistics were more of a concern.
    I have met a few that are against an FBS move but they are definitely in the minority. Probably in the same quantities as the FBS or bust group. The majority of fans are practical and realize the devil is in the details and don't want the move to hurt NDSU. However, I am glad that there are some vocal "dreamers" in the fanbase and I sure as hell hope there are some visionaries in leadership roles too because without them we won't be able to accomplish as much. Sometimes obstacles in the path of an organization's growth can spur innovation that propels it to even higher levels than originally thought of. None of us are smart enough or ingenious enough to figure this out on our own but I think that the majority of Bison fans want to see the athletic programs and the larger university succeed and expand its reach. If that support stays strong, there will be incentives for the University to continue to think bigger than its current position and swing outside its weight class. As an alum, I sure as hell hope that is the mindset. Again, the devil is in the details but I believe Chapo pumping it up is no more out of touch than the FCSforever crowd that MankatoBison speaks of. (And yes they do exist, they're just not a large group)

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Mmmm, there were definitely people against a G5 move at some point, though I’m not sure if any of them still exist. I’ll admit I was one of them at one point. I didn’t like the idea of meaningless bowl games at the end of the year. I no longer feel this way.
    I'm just like you on this. I just can't figure out the "how" to get a G5 conference interested in us for the reasons mentioned by Bison 4 Life..... my understanding is you still need a conference invite. Or can they pull a group of top level FCS schools into a new G5 conference?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'm just like you on this. I just can't figure out the "how" to get a G5 conference interested in us for the reasons mentioned by Bison 4 Life..... my understanding is you still need a conference invite. Or can they pull a group of top level FCS schools into a new G5 conference?
    Has to be an existing conference.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    NDSU still

Middle of nowhere
    Small TV market
    Unexpandable stadium
    only 12k students

Which one of those is going to change?
    All of them could change and more than likely will. Probably not right away but over time they will. They also can change faster if their are greater inputs from the fanbase, community, government and school. To act like the current situation is a constant is at best short sighted and at worst ignorant. The question than becomes one that many organizations face. Do you invest in growth before the sales are there or do you wait for the sales before grow? I think most organizations that realize growth tend to be more aggressive than conservative. I think that is what the fanbase is starting to realize.

Has to be an existing conference.
    Maybe we can hire the UN_ lawyers to sue the NCAA for us? LOL

I'm becoming more and more convinced that TV market size isn't a big factor any more and at some point may be a non factor all together. I would bet within the next 3-5 years every major conference's "TV" deal will be streaming focused with cable/ota included as a needed throw in.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    All of them could change and more than likely will. Probably not right away but over time they will. They also can change faster if their are greater inputs from the fanbase, community, government and school. To act like the current situation is a constant is at best short sighted and at worst ignorant. The question than becomes one that many organizations face. Do you invest in growth before the sales are there or do you wait for the sales before grow? I think most organizations that realize growth tend to be more aggressive than conservative. I think that is what the fanbase is starting to realize.
    Enrollment isn't increasing
    Fargo isn't moving, or growing fast enough
    the SHAC and IPF took forever to get built, a new stadium is a pipe dream.

Waving your arms and saying FBS isn't going to cut it.

All of that is going to have to precede a move like that.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Sounds like you could be interested in the wac?
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I'm becoming more and more convinced that TV market size isn't a big factor any more and at some point may be a non factor all together. I would bet within the next 3-5 years every major conference's "TV" deal will be streaming focused with cable/ota included as a needed throw in.
    Viewership/Ratings are more important than the number of viewers.

Rutgers- access to Millions, no one watches
    NDSU - access to Dakota's/Minnesota very good ratings.

to Southcliff's Point. You have to MAKE THE MOVE to change those things. ZERO chance of any of those changes without moving. we can all agree on that.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?