Page 221 of 302 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    we aint losing to the dam bunnies... hAHAHA.
    Going to save this for Saturday. I hope you’re right...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Chief View Post
    I don’t think MankatoBison is interested in having a level-headed discussion about any of these items. He seems more interested in combining a bunch of opinions he disagrees with, affixing them with non sequitur context, cranking them up to 11, then attributing them to a the nefarious although largely non-existent #FcsForever crowd. So much noise and no substance.
    This is at least 70% accurate. There are alot of #FCSForever people on here masquerading as "completely independent and unbiased thinkers" here, who think We should stay FCS forever unless we get an invite to the P5, which is exactly the same as being #FCSForever. So yeah, I largely agree with your comment.

I am extremely interested in having a level headed discussion. But the most vocal #FCSForever nazis will not even acknowledge that it is POSSILBe FBS could be good, not in a P5 conference.
    I'm honest about the drawbacks of FBS as well as the pros. It sounds like you are too. I'm picking on the folks that choose to see one side of the pro/con list, and ignore anything that disagrees with them. All of the points listed above are real life arguments that I have heard on BV to stay FCS, so I'm not completely pulling things out of my ass lol

So far there is what? only lakes who sees absolutely no cons to FBS whatsoever? and at least 10-20 who cannot see any pros on here? I'm picking on those guys haha
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    This is at least 70% accurate. There are alot of #FCSForever people on here masquerading as "completely independent and unbiased thinkers" here, who think We should stay FCS forever unless we get an invite to the P5, which is exactly the same as being #FCSForever. So yeah, I largely agree with your comment.

I am extremely interested in having a level headed discussion. But the most vocal #FCSForever nazis will not even acknowledge that it is POSSILBe FBS could be good, not in a P5 conference.
    I'm honest about the drawbacks of FBS as well as the pros. It sounds like you are too. I'm picking on the folks that choose to see one side of the pro/con list, and ignore anything that disagrees with them. All of the points listed above are real life arguments that I have heard on BV to stay FCS, so I'm not completely pulling things out of my ass lol

So far there is what? only lakes who sees absolutely no cons to FBS whatsoever? and at least 10-20 who cannot see any pros on here? I'm picking on those guys haha
    And me for being a proponent of science, for some reason, even though I kinda like your shtick and your acceptance of science in any field has nothing to do with going FBS...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I think the #FCSForever crowd no longer exists. At this point, seems more like several factions who vary in their support for FBS, and what conditions they think need to be present in order to go.

I think we'll be there in the next decade.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I think the #FCSForever crowd no longer exists. At this point, seems more like several factions who vary in their support for FBS, and what conditions they think need to be present in order to go.

I think we'll be there in the next decade.
    It's always been about feasibility, timing and what's best for NDSU and the program.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Maybe most fans will be (or already are) bored with trips to Frisco and would rather have a bowl game to attend most years even if it is not the most prestigious bowl.
    It's OK to not be OK.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    It's always been about feasibility, timing and what's best for NDSU and the program.
    I think the sentiments within the fanbase are likely mirroring the sentiments within NDSU Leadership. In the early part of this run there were very few fans who spoke of FBS or really had any desire to move up. We were happy to be in the FCS and the accomplishments were all new and exciting. By 2015/2016 the rumblings were starting and you heard more people openly talking about it. Now you can't talk about NDSU football in a group without at least one person bringing up the potential for an FBS move. The last few years have started to sway more fans to the side of thinking that we should become more aggressive in exploring our options to move to the FBS. That's in no way an endorsement of let's move at all costs but I think the writing is on the wall for the fans and for the leadership that if we stay FCS forever than we are going to have to sacrifice some dreams that we as a program and a fanbase have. I think more people are realizing that and are wanting to keep progressing towards FBS because it is a better long term spot for NDSU than FCS. Leadership is working toward this by the IPF, Target Field game, potential US Bank game. Some within the fanbase are more impatient and don't think it is happening fast enough. That might be unrealistic but I also think having those types amongst our fanbase are a good thing because they make everyone else a bit less comfortable and tend to, over time, move the needle along. If everyone was content to just stay in their comfort zone, any potential move would likely take longer. We need people pushing the envelope and we need people playing devil's advocate. I would guess that there are these same dynamics within NDSU Leadership.

NDSU still

Middle of nowhere
    Small TV market
    Unexpandable stadium
    only 12k students

Which one of those is going to change?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    NDSU still

Middle of nowhere
    Small TV market
    Unexpandable stadium
    only 12k students

Which one of those is going to change?
    Small tv market really holds us back.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I think the sentiments within the fanbase are likely mirroring the sentiments within NDSU Leadership. In the early part of this run there were very few fans who spoke of FBS or really had any desire to move up. We were happy to be in the FCS and the accomplishments were all new and exciting. By 2015/2016 the rumblings were starting and you heard more people openly talking about it. Now you can't talk about NDSU football in a group without at least one person bringing up the potential for an FBS move. The last few years have started to sway more fans to the side of thinking that we should become more aggressive in exploring our options to move to the FBS. That's in no way an endorsement of let's move at all costs but I think the writing is on the wall for the fans and for the leadership that if we stay FCS forever than we are going to have to sacrifice some dreams that we as a program and a fanbase have. I think more people are realizing that and are wanting to keep progressing towards FBS because it is a better long term spot for NDSU than FCS. Leadership is working toward this by the IPF, Target Field game, potential US Bank game. Some within the fanbase are more impatient and don't think it is happening fast enough. That might be unrealistic but I also think having those types amongst our fanbase are a good thing because they make everyone else a bit less comfortable and tend to, over time, move the needle along. If everyone was content to just stay in their comfort zone, any potential move would likely take longer. We need people pushing the envelope and we need people playing devil's advocate. I would guess that there are these same dynamics within NDSU Leadership.
    I've never met anyone who totally against a fbs move. Logistics were more of a concern.