Page 218 of 302 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So how much do you donate to Teammakers to make growth and a future move to FBS possible? If you can't donate within your current budget maybe donate your stimulus check.

Some of the millenials and younger generations need to step up and start donating. All these improvements can't be done without all fans doing their part. Just bitching and watching Bison on TV isn't enough
    I think a couple factors may play into this: 1) younger people generally have less disposable income, and 2) market conditions relating to obtaining football tickets prevented interested grads from staying engaged.

I think younger folks are probably not normally in as strong of a position to donate. Earlier in career, getting married, buying homes, having kids, etc. Kids are expensive, kids have activities, all that jazz.

Not sure what the ticket situation looks like at the moment, there did seem to be a ticket supply issue around the time I was in school. Tough to get young folks to donate money without an opportunity to get season tickets, or even single game tickets at a reasonable prices on a secondary market. I recall selling godawful endzone tickets I won on the radio for $100/each. I think those sorts of prices kept a decent number of young fans away.

I think the Fargodome's capacity may have interfered with a "generation" of engaged fans becoming accustomed to forking over money to the teammakers.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Well boomed

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I think a couple factors may play into this: 1) younger people generally have less disposable income, and 2) market conditions relating to obtaining football tickets prevented interested grads from staying engaged.

I think younger folks are probably not normally in as strong of a position to donate. Earlier in career, getting married, buying homes, having kids, etc. Kids are expensive, kids have activities, all that jazz.

Not sure what the ticket situation looks like at the moment, there did seem to be a ticket supply issue around the time I was in school. Tough to get young folks to donate money without an opportunity to get season tickets, or even single game tickets at a reasonable prices on a secondary market. I recall selling godawful endzone tickets I won on the radio for $100/each. I think those sorts of prices kept a decent number of young fans away.

I think the Fargodome's capacity may have interfered with a "generation" of engaged fans becoming accustomed to forking over money to the teammakers.
    yea. only a couple thousand tickets available to bison fans (OUTSIDE season ticket holders & 4000 students) really stifled the natural growth NDSU could of had.. easily 35,000 i bet in 2013 or 2018. Im not happy with the trend here folks with tickets
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yea. im not happy with the trend here folks with tickets
    We know and this is nothing new as you're well aware given you've bumped this thread to give craigslist and Facebook ticket market updates for almost every game over the last few years. Interest was clearly waning in watching live Bison football in the Fargodome as long ago as the 2017 playoffs and it'll only be made worse by the weird timing of this season, rising ticket prices, and a global pandemic with all the corresponding restrictions it brings with it.

This trend will likely continue even after the pandemic is "over" and will span all of college football and most live sports in general. NDSU football hasn't been immune to it and won't be immune to it going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    We know and this is nothing new as you're well aware given you've bumped this thread to give craigslist and Facebook ticket market updates for almost every game over the last few years. Interest was clearly waning in watching live Bison football in the Fargodome as long ago as the 2017 playoffs and it'll only be made worse by the weird timing of this season, rising ticket prices, and a global pandemic with all the corresponding restrictions it brings with it.

This trend will likely continue even after the pandemic is "over" and will span all of college football and most live sports in general. NDSU football hasn't been immune to it and won't be immune to it going forward.
    Soon to decrease the attendance requirements of P5 conferences. Glass way more than half full.

B12 or bust

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

You nailed it. I will not come to Fargo for a Bison game until tailgating is restored. In fact, I am going to give up my season tickets unless NDSU guarantees everything will back to normal, or I can get a full refund if ANY restrictions are put in place. No excuses with vaccine freely available at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    You nailed it. I will not come to Fargo for a Bison game until tailgating is restored. In fact, I am going to give up my season tickets unless NDSU guarantees everything will back to normal, or I can get a full refund if ANY restrictions are put in place. No excuses with vaccine freely available at that point.
    Your time as a season ticket holder didn't last long.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Your time as a season ticket holder didn't last long.
    Yeah, I have about as much confidence in common sense as you do.

At the smallest Team Makers donation of $100, you can usually buy a limited number of single-game tickets which means you are out around $60 per ticket since the price can vary with the opponent and that's a lot of discretionary income to many people.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

It's OK to not be OK.

exactly hammerhead. that's round of shots at Old Broadway/Sports that every college kid is doing most party nights.

ndsu should've struck while the iron was hot, like PT Barnum wouldve! keep adding seats to see the Bison!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?