Page 149 of 302 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by shorthairsrus View Post
    bulk of those tics is in the student section --- why the hassle to make them physically go and purchase a ticket - and then have them be ga and wait in line. Its a dis-service and imo you would have those seats full if only they would make it easier for the fan to purchase the tickets.

I sit next to the student section --- they dont leave as early as everybody says ---- and they make 100X noise then the rest of the dome. It would be a morgue without them.
    Yes, the ticket “process” that was created for student section ended up being a hinderance to attending now and thus being supporters after graduation.

Probably should adjust it or remove entirely now that there is not a space shortage.

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    So good riddance to all those people? (as you stated earlier) ok. got it.
    You got it... I guess maybe when the team isn't as good and playoff games are more competitive those folks can climb back on the bandwagon and start coming to games again. Hopefully they hold off though because I'm sure they'd be super disappointed to see the likely blowout coming tomorrow.

What i'm trying to wrap my head around with this thread is, even if there is 16-17k people at the game this weekend, that is a great crowd in the grand scheme of things. Yes, in the past the dome has been sold out every playoff game, but winning all these FCS titles was a new and exciting thing and maybe crowds down to 16-17k is where the norm is. That doesn't make it any less exciting to most every Bison fan, just that's maybe where the real norm is.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You got it... I guess maybe when the team isn't as good and playoff games are more competitive those folks can climb back on the bandwagon and start coming to games again. Hopefully they hold off though because I'm sure they'd be super disappointed to see the likely blowout coming tomorrow.
    That won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    What i'm trying to wrap my head around with this thread is, even if there is 16-17k people at the game this weekend, that is a great crowd in the grand scheme of things. Yes, in the past the dome has been sold out every playoff game, but winning all these FCS titles was a new and exciting thing and maybe crowds down to 16-17k is where the norm is. That doesn't make it any less exciting to most every Bison fan, just that's maybe where the real norm is.
    I'm not any less excited for the game. Having a few thousand empty seats won't detract from my enjoyment of the game. I just wish this team got the support the teams 4-5-6 years ago got. It is what it is and we still have a great following relative to this level but as a fan base we're not unique in that regard (both Montana schools will outdraw us this weekend - in outdoor stadums). Believe it or not I made a lot bigger stink out of this last year at this time. I've accepted it at this point. The only question is where it bottoms out. Hopefully 16-17k is it but I think it'll be under that next week assuming the Bison win.

I still do not understand how attendance can dip like people are talking (-1500 or so empty seats) but yet there is still a waiting list for season tickets? What piece of the puzzle is missing that would explain this?

In my estimation anyone who wants to buy season tickets can just as easily be buying single game seats at this point. Not like your seats are going to get better at the bottom of the season ticket holder barrel

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Most of us can't wrap our heads around it because we are big fans. I am all about tradition and not fatigued by it but you can predict almost everything that is going to go on at the game except for the final score. It's going to be the same intro, same halftime show, same things said by the announcers, same food, etc. It's not old to me but it's hard to keep the casual fan and younger generation's attention when they basically seen the same thing every week.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    I still do not understand how attendance can dip like people are talking (-1500 or so empty seats) but yet there is still a waiting list for season tickets? What piece of the puzzle is missing that would explain this?

In my estimation anyone who wants to buy season tickets can just as easily be buying single game seats at this point. Not like your seats are going to get better at the bottom of the season ticket holder barrel
    I think the season ticket waiting list is a lot smaller than most people think at this point. If they open up another student section next year for season ticket sales, especially if it's an endzone section with lower price points, that season ticket waiting list might get completely dried up.

But I'd agree that if someone wants to just hunt for single game tickets on the secondary market next year they could fairly easily get into every single game and probably for cheaper than they would if they bought season tickets even with SDSU and UND on the 2020 home schedule.

I can say with certainty that Mcfeely will write an article about the game attendance and not about the game saturday. It will get views, clicks, and he will be giddy again that he riled up Bison fans.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    It's not just ndsu. Kids these days. Im taking this as an opportunity to get some young fans feet wet. Taking a couple kids tomorrow. Couldn't do that if tickets were sold out. I only have 2 season tickets have to leave half the crew home.
    Scottie, I had to dig for this old game day protocol deep in the secret archives of my man cave (along with all the other things I hide from both my wife and my girlfriend), but I wanted you to be properly prepared when you bring the little brats to a Bison game. Glad I could help.

Bison Kids Checklist:

Bison colors proudly worn.............check
    Up before the dawn to get ready for tailgating...or else!........................check
    What happens at tailgating, stays at tailgating (i.e don't tell Mom)...........check
    Bathroom before and after the game, NOT during game time (dammit).........check
    No food if the line prevents a return before game time (dammit)...........check
    Complete reverence, possibly a small tear, and millions of goose bumps required for the playing of Thunderstruck..............check
    EVERYBODY up for the kickoff........and that means you, buster.............................check
    The word "suck" is not appropriate, unless referencing the school up north................check
    NEVER, ever swear............unless the refs blow a call against the Bison...............check

Remember, start them right, be consistent and ruthless in your application of these timeless principles, and they WILL respond to such sound educational practices.