Page 148 of 302 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post

And then there are the students. I used to back them...can't say I do anymore. Just sad.
    It's not just ndsu. Kids these days. Im taking this as an opportunity to get some young fans feet wet. Taking a couple kids tomorrow. Couldn't do that if tickets were sold out. I only have 2 season tickets have to leave half the crew home.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    It's not just ndsu. Kids these days. Im taking this as an opportunity to get some young fans feet wet. Taking a couple kids tomorrow. Couldn't do that if tickets were sold out. I only have 2 season tickets have to leave half the crew home.
    Same. Gotta get em early... indoctrination is VERY effective.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

bulk of those tics is in the student section --- why the hassle to make them physically go and purchase a ticket - and then have them be ga and wait in line. Its a dis-service and imo you would have those seats full if only they would make it easier for the fan to purchase the tickets.

I sit next to the student section --- they dont leave as early as everybody says ---- and they make 100X noise then the rest of the dome. It would be a morgue without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The thing that frustrates me is the incredible success by the program is actually leading to less support. The product that they're putting on the field is as good or better than it's ever been. It's pretty sad that it's not being appreciated by some.

I'd agree it's the bandwagoners that are making the difference. Good riddance I guess, don't turn an ankle hopping off of it.
    what do you consider a bandwagoner in this situation? is it the fans that love the bison but don't go to every game? is it the pool of fans in the metro and beyond that make up the remaining seats at the dome above the 14k-15k fans that will always be there?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    what do you consider a bandwagoner in this situation? is it the fans that love the bison but don't go to every game? is it the pool of fans in the metro and beyond that make up the remaining seats at the dome above the 14k-15k fans that will always be there?
    A bandwagoner in this situation would be a fan who was all for going to playoff games circa 2013-2015 and would now rather not because they consider them boring. Doesn't matter to me where they're from or how many regular season games they went to (although I'd expect fans with that attitude didn't make many, if any, regular season games the past couple years).

A bandwagoner in this situation would be a fan who was all for going to playoff games circa 2013-2015 and would now rather not because they consider them boring. Doesn't matter to me where they're from or how many regular season games they went to (although I'd expect fans with that attitude didn't make many, if any, regular season games the past couple years).
    The thing that gets me is... we keep talking about "the same old teams in the dome for the playoffs" and "wanting new blood." Here we have a good example of a team who hasn't been in the dome in over 15 years and they have at least a decent chance of making it a good game for a quarter or 2 (maybe 3), yet this appears to be the least-attended playoff game in years... NOT TO MENTION--this is Trey Lance's first Bison playoff game. We get to see Lance in playoff mode for the first time against a "quality" opponent.

I am beyond excited for this and I don't understand why this game is not selling out. Teh "Fatigue" is definitely there, but I'm out of excuses for it and trying to explain it.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bored with success? Certainly not me!

Reminds me of "Fiddler on the Roof." Perchik says, "Money is the world's curse," and Tevye replies, "May the Lord smite me with it, and may I never recover!"

May the Lord smite the Bison with playoff domination, and may they (and I) never recover!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    The thing that gets me is... we keep talking about "the same old teams in the dome for the playoffs" and "wanting new blood." Here we have a good example of a team who hasn't been in the dome in over 15 years and they have at least a decent chance of making it a good game for a quarter or 2 (maybe 3), yet this appears to be the least-attended playoff game in years... NOT TO MENTION--this is Trey Lance's first Bison playoff game. We get to see Lance in playoff mode for the first time against a "quality" opponent.

I am beyond excited for this and I don't understand why this game is not selling out. Teh "Fatigue" is definitely there, but I'm out of excuses for it and trying to explain it.
    I forgot to add... re: "new blood in the dome" as the reason... the loudest the dome got last year was the semis against SDSU and I don't think it was close.

So good riddance to all those people? (as you stated earlier) ok. got it.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Some of it is economic driven. The Ag industry isn’t at its best right now. Oil industry isn’t all that great by no means and it’s creeping in on the Holidays on top of all of that. I’d love to go to the game tomorrow but it’s a 4 hr drive and shit happens. I’m pretty certain a lot of the missing fans are also out of town fans and I’m not talking 70 miles. Sure there is a trend of this happening for a few years but if you look, those industries have been down that long as well. Now if the state/region was ripe with cash and still no change in the trend then I’ll be a bit more worried about it. For those of you going to the game: HAVE FUN and don’t worry about the others that aren’t there.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS