Page 139 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I think the average fan is realizing they can stay home and "sit on their hands" vs. taking the time and money to "sit on their hands" at the Fargo dome. Once games start in that building you can pretty much hear a empty can drop... NO college student interest translates to no college FB atmosphere. I have attended a few games and could not believe how boring the crowds were. They guy I was sitting with said "why did we leave the bar, should we go back"? Other than piped in noise before kickoff and prior to breaking huddles, the fargo dome is a dull roar at best. Bison are better on t.v.
    The atmosphere has declined because we pound every opponent into the dirt. During the early run of dominance, the games were competitive. The fans are now fired up for a few drives and then predictably it's 14-0 and everyone assumes it's over. Also the regular season and post season is a different animal. And the 2500 tickets remaining is the same as most years. It will be 90-95% towards capacity

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The atmosphere has declined because we pound every opponent into the dirt. During the early run of dominance, the games were competitive. The fans are now fired up for a few drives and then predictably it's 14-0 and everyone assumes it's over. Also the regular season and post season is a different animal. And the 2500 tickets remaining is the same as most years. It will be 90-95% towards capacity
    We'll see... round of 16 attendance is not trending in the right direction.

2013 (vs Furman): 18,455
    2014 (vs SDSU): 18,113
    2015 (vs Montana): 18,232
    2016 (vs San Diego): 18,305
    2017 (vs San Diego): 18,067
    2018 (vs Montana St): 17,007

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    We'll see... round of 16 attendance is not trending in the right direction.

2013 (vs Furman): 18,455
    2014 (vs SDSU): 18,113
    2015 (vs Montana): 18,232
    2016 (vs San Diego): 18,305
    2017 (vs San Diego): 18,067
    2018 (vs Montana St): 17,007
    I for one will enjoy this ride as long as it last and will continue to ride after that as well.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Its very similar to UND hockey games at the Ralph, I have turned down many free tix because the atmosphere and hype we hear about is very over-rated. I watch better than 90% of all Bison games and love mixing my own drinks vs. sobering up during the game at the dome. pissing 6-8 times per game vs. once maybe twice, not to mention in the early season playing 18 holes of golf before the game and hunting a couple hours after. Actually, thank you to all of you who do attend games and make it possible for me to have a FULL day on Saturdays, I owe you all a beer, NOT!!!!

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ah yes, Furman in 2013 and "The Furman Code." Classic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta9X9mb4erQ

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Have we reached the point that we are tired of Bison Football success?

5 Straight, probably 6 straight.

National Hype

Carson

Epsn

ETc.......

Has interest moved elsewhere?

I do not see the 2019 NDSU team, as you say "Have we reached the point that we are tired of Bison Football success" with any of the points you have stated.
    "

This is the 2019 Bison Football team & they want this NC as much as their predecessors. The 2019 NDSU team has a tradition of greatness to uphold.
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 12-04-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Its very similar to UND hockey games at the Ralph, I have turned down many free tix because the atmosphere and hype we hear about is very over-rated. I watch better than 90% of all Bison games and love mixing my own drinks vs. sobering up during the game at the dome. pissing 6-8 times per game vs. once maybe twice, not to mention in the early season playing 18 holes of golf before the game and hunting a couple hours after. Actually, thank you to all of you who do attend games and make it possible for me to have a FULL day on Saturdays, I owe you all a beer, NOT!!!!
    Also tickets have gotten expensive and it pushes out the casual fan. They are being replaced by older people with more disposable income. The student tickets that were converted to season tickets are replacing rowdy college kids with entry level season ticket holders, who are older. Different crowd. The cost of the entire experience is just expensive. For a playoff game it's $41 for a ticket. Probably another $5 in fees. Then you have your tailgating spots which are $20 each. So if you want 2 people to go to a playoff game, it's pushing $82 plus fees and another $40 for 2 reserved tailgating spot. That's $122 just to get in the door and park. Then you got your tailgating food, accessories and drinks. You need hours to prepare. It's cold AF most weeks. Once you get in the dome, you need more to eat or drink. So for just 2 people, with tickets, tailgating, tailgating food, and food inside the dome, it can easily cost $200 a week. You do that for 3 playoff games, you need to budget or spend an extra $600 in a month on short notice.

And if you have season tickets, you've already done this for 6 home games, plus Target Field and possibly Brookings. Throw in a teammakers donation and it's spendy. Oh... and don't forget Frisco

I can do it but I can understand why it's tough and less appealing for some people since we seem to lose a game every couple of years and only a handful are competitive. But I'm usually fired up for the playoffs or good games

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Also tickets have gotten expensive and it pushes out the casual fan. They are being replaced by older people with more disposable income. The student tickets that were converted to season tickets are replacing rowdy college kids with entry level season ticket holders, who are older. Different crowd. The cost of the entire experience is just expensive. For a playoff game it's $41 for a ticket. Probably another $5 in fees. Then you have your tailgating spots which are $20 each. So if you want 2 people to go to a playoff game, it's pushing $82 plus fees and another $40 for 2 reserved tailgating spot. That's $122 just to get in the door and park. Then you got your tailgating food, accessories and drinks. You need hours to prepare. It's cold AF most weeks. Once you get in the dome, you need more to eat or drink. So for just 2 people, with tickets, tailgating, tailgating food, and food inside the dome, it can easily cost $200 a week. You do that for 3 playoff games, you need to budget or spend an extra $600 in a month on short notice.

And if you have season tickets, you've already done this for 6 home games, plus Target Field and possibly Brookings. Throw in a teammakers donation and it's spendy. Oh... and don't forget Frisco

I can do it but I can understand why it's tough and less appealing for some people since we seem to lose a game every couple of years and only a handful are competitive. But I'm usually fired up for the playoffs or good games
    What if I told you that the playoff ticket prices has gone up $1 per seat since 2015 (or maybe even before that - that's the earliest I can find playoff ticket price info) and reserved tailgating prices in the playoffs have stayed the same?

It's ok to call a spade a spade. As a fan base we're spoiled rotten and we take the success of this program for granted.

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Play off tickets are so reasonable! I’m going to post something under tickets, because I’m getting many messages regarding filling the seats! Well I have my little veteran connection... so accepting ticket donations today! Either ticket donations or $ donations to the GoFundMe campaign- Bison tickets for veterans! Anyway I just received a call from a veteran who works at the VA medical center as a nurse, and he is happy as a clam to be able to receive this early Christmas gift! Here we go!!!