Page 209 of 302 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    And yet, you never here the former FCS teams Georgia Southern and App St (teams that have been to and won FCS titles) say that they miss the title games when comparing bowl games.
    Lets not get that pesky fact get in the way of 56's narrative! Dont you know that FBS teams are clamoring to come back to the FCS in droves. They cnt stand not crushing robert morris in the playoffs each year. They see what the FCS has to offer and THEY. WANT. A. PIECE.

Just got the Text, Pac 12 is moving down to FCS because they wanna play for a "national championship"
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Ahhh?? your point????
    there's 2 points actually.

1. They are playing right now. what you believe to be the superior league of FCS, is not. The FCS has proven they, by and large, absolutely do not care about football. Even the most pathetic G5 schools care more than all of the FCS except JMU and NDSU.

2. They are playing on the mothership. Proving that even the most pathetic G5 teams get more national coverage than the most important FCS games. The average college football fan, and more importantly, advertisers, care vastly more about the most pathetic G5 schools than the most intriguing FCS matchups.

Really pretty obvious what his point is. I know you're not into letting reality get in the way of your narrative of "there is nothing that can be gained in the FBS" but we're used to that by now.

btw, I know i've called you out in the past regarding this before and you still havent answered me... you claim you are NOT anti FBS, and I challenged you in the past, and challenge you again today, to state for all of Bisonville to see: "please name a single positive aspect of FBS that could benefit NDSU"

You studiously avoided that question in the past, and ignored like 2-3 follow ups about it too. It kind of made you look like a fool a bit, but I want to prove that youre not just blowing smoke. Please, prove them, and me wrong. State just one positive aspect of going FBS. Shouldnt be hard for someone who claims not to be a partisan hack on this issue.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If NDSU joins the mac we will not have three games on ESPN each year. No I don’t count Sunday-thursday games.

For the record I am pro-FBS but not because I think we will get on ESPN more.
    You sound like a JMU fan here lol. "yeah if you ignore Trey Lance's 175 yards rushing and the fake field goal, we TOTALLY won in the trenches!"

You can say "we wont be on ESPN more in the FBS if you ignore the times we're on ESPN on different days" lol. Its either we would, or would not be on ESPN more, and your own comment indicates that we WOULD be on ESPN more.

Now I agree with your second comment, I dont know whether or not we would have more ESPN games, and I dont factor that into my opinion
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    there's 2 points actually.

1. They are playing right now. what you believe to be the superior league of FCS, is not. The FCS has proven they, by and large, absolutely do not care about football. Even the most pathetic G5 schools care more than all of the FCS except JMU and NDSU.

2. They are playing on the mothership. Proving that even the most pathetic G5 teams get more national coverage than the most important FCS games. The average college football fan, and more importantly, advertisers, care vastly more about the most pathetic G5 schools than the most intriguing FCS matchups.

Really pretty obvious what his point is. I know you're not into letting reality get in the way of your narrative of "there is nothing that can be gained in the FBS" but we're used to that by now.

btw, I know i've called you out in the past regarding this before and you still havent answered me... you claim you are NOT anti FBS, and I challenged you in the past, and challenge you again today, to state for all of Bisonville to see: "please name a single positive aspect of FBS that could benefit NDSU"

You studiously avoided that question in the past, and ignored like 2-3 follow ups about it too. It kind of made you look like a fool a bit, but I want to prove that youre not just blowing smoke. Please, prove them, and me wrong. State just one positive aspect of going FBS. Shouldnt be hard for someone who claims not to be a partisan hack on this issue.
    So here is a recent post by 56:

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73

I dont understand where you got the impression that a majority of the people on BV were opposed to FBS? May be you conflated the fact that many had factual concerns on the logistics of such a move with them not being in approval????

Logistics have always been the major hurdle and still is.
    I don’t see anything there that matches up with your claim.....

I know you're not into letting reality get in the way of your narrative of "there is nothing that can be gained in the FBS" but we're used to that by now.
    Anyways, I was one of most Bison fans - back when it happened - greatly disappointed in the Big Sky Conference when they chose not to invite NDSU & SDSU for membership. Unfortunately the Montana schools let the west coast control the decision, but I digress.
    The lesson to be learned here is you, as a University, cannot Make a conference bring you in as a member......

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    So here is a recent post by 56:

I don’t see anything there that matches up with your claim.....

Anyways, I was one of most Bison fans - back when it happened - greatly disappointed in the Big Sky Conference when they chose not to invite NDSU & SDSU for membership. Unfortunately the Montana schools let the west coast control the decision, but I digress.
    The lesson to be learned here is you, as a University, cannot Make a conference bring you in as a member......
    1. you'd have to ignore literally YEARS of posts from 56 to think that his most recent comment is his true feelings. You cant spend a decade spewing "FBS is awful- not worth considering in any way because its such an awful idea- and anyone who disagrees with me is a bad person." and then simultaneously say "Me? Anti-FBS?? where did you ever get an idea like that?!". You're also ignoring the rest of my comment where I've invited him, multiple times, to share just 1 singular positive aspect of FBS, and he has yet to do so. Until he does this, he is just being a partisan hack and brings nothing of value to the conversation.

2. Never said a conference HAS to add anyone. ever. Not once. Never even hinted at it actually. Weird that you're bringing it up considering I agree with you 100%
    3. It's time to go FBS

NDSU IG/Twitter/facebook interaction down 10% from 2019 to 2020

https://twitter.com/SkullSparks/stat...803395/photo/3

Jackson St up 478% !

sdsu down 17%

south dakota up 22%

UNI down 67%

und down 57 % LOL
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU IG/Twitter/facebook interaction down 10% from 2019 to 2020

https://twitter.com/SkullSparks/stat...803395/photo/3

Jackson St up 478% !

sdsu down 17%

south dakota up 22%

UNI down 67%

und down 57 % LOL
    Jackson State hired Prime Time.

So what you are telling us is NDSU is taking a smaller drop than several peers?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Jackson State hired Prime Time.

So what you are telling us is NDSU is taking a smaller drop than several peers?
    His post is not going to age well if we are playing February thru May. After March Madness we are going to be competing with billiards and bowling for attention from sports junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    You sound like a JMU fan here lol. "yeah if you ignore Trey Lance's 175 yards rushing and the fake field goal, we TOTALLY won in the trenches!"

You can say "we wont be on ESPN more in the FBS if you ignore the times we're on ESPN on different days" lol. Its either we would, or would not be on ESPN more, and your own comment indicates that we WOULD be on ESPN more.

Now I agree with your second comment, I dont know whether or not we would have more ESPN games, and I dont factor that into my opinion
    My comment indicates we would still be on ESPN less if we were FBS. It’s just that instead of three Saturday games it might be a Saturday game and a Wednesday game. I don’t count Wednesday games as a net positive for exposure or the football program in general. ESPN’s MACtion is a joke and the laughing stock of FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    His post is not going to age well if we are playing February thru May. After March Madness we are going to be competing with billiards and bowling for attention from sports junkies.
    Ever heard of the PGA? How about MLB? NBA? NHL?