Page 90 of 302 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    That's why this commercial is a very promising indicator about the future of NDSU football:

I noticed that while watching the NDSU KSU basketball game and thought "wow that seems new". If anything it must show that ESPN sees Bison content as a substantial enough percentage of their viewership to include them in their marketing. It might be small, but it's a step.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    As I and a few others have pointed out before, the "split" already

In regards to moving up, read this article: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ence-shuffling

From the article:
    "But if traditional cable subscription numbers continue to decrease, leagues might be less concerned about markets and would instead target members with large, passionate fan bases, willing to pay whatever to see their teams.z'

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    The bison are a great national brand-you keep building off that. What is Green Bay tv footprint? you build the audience outside of the area... I mean South Bend Indiana is 100K and there FBS team is an independent and doing quite fine I heard... And sure most will claim we can never be like Notre Dame... probably the same people that 6 years ago would have said NDSU will never have a guy go #2 in the draft or win 7 of 8 titles or be undefeated against the power 5 this decade. you build a brand and tradition...

I am sure 20 years ago someone said- hey lets build Gonzaga basketball into a national brand and compete with duke and Carolina and got laughed out of every bar in town...
    There is always a way... and what looks like it doesn’t “make sense” now - in 20, 50 and 100 years someone will be writing statements about fortune, luck, effort, vision, faith, etc about something and somebody. Just like the comments Notre Dame, Green Bay, etc today.

Speaking of fatigue, the NCAA selection committee revealed their top ten and no one on bisonville is bitching about much less has even posted it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    There is always a way... and what looks like it doesn’t “make sense” now - in 20, 50 and 100 years someone will be writing statements about fortune, luck, effort, vision, faith, etc about something and somebody. Just like the comments Notre Dame, Green Bay, etc today.
    We aren't Notre Dame or Green Bay. We're either that cute puppy or cats vs cucumbers YouTube video with 500 million views.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    There are a lot of words here. You did not belittle Lakes, or call anybody a name, or use a catch phrase like pump it up. You didn't even make a demand or ask for somebody to be banned. I mean, words are important. Use them carefully from now on.
    Spoken like a true Neche Nelly!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    TAB. agreed.

no offense I don't care what anyone thinks, I know ill never make people happy, i've accepted that.
    , but i ask questions and prod , because I want to see NDSU in my lifetime at a higher level. Is that so wrong? or should be just sit around here and accept life as how it is? THE WAY THIS PROGRAM IS SET UP RIGHT NOW, THEY ARE A TOP 40 FBS TEAM YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT YET WE SIT HERE and watch the fanbase slowing deteriorate ,move on to other things because we've plateaud. Bohl & Klieman both said "what more is there to do at NDSU?" and "bring on the competition" was our motto when I looked up at that locker room when i was benching 235 in the 90's and some of you in the 80's and 2000's

sorry if i don't accept that, maybe you do... that's cool
    I'm just not convinced that the support will be any higher at an FBS level in the mwc or mac...and definitely not as an independent. The lack of playing for something significant (and no, I don't think most bowls are significant when half the schools quality for them) will wear thinner faster than 20peating.

I'd love to see us play tougher opponents. I'd love to see us move up. But only under the right circumstances (p5 invite or g5/p5 split and g5 gets a championship tournament).

Our geography sucks. There's no financially good options for g5 and our population/market is too low for p5.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    The G5 and P5 is going to split at some point and clearly we belong with the G5's in Football and Olympics.
    blah blah. you all been saying that for 15 years
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    blah blah. you all been saying that for 15 years
    Blah blah blah so have you.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I noticed that while watching the NDSU KSU basketball game and thought "wow that seems new". If anything it must show that ESPN sees Bison content as a substantial enough percentage of their viewership to include them in their marketing. It might be small, but it's a step.
    Been running it all fall
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant