Page 151 of 302 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its really not hard to understand at all. Not everyone in the FM-area is enamored with NDSU or the Bison. As far as the bad wagon fans there is nothing the matter
    them. They bring revenue and they fill the seats and Im sure a few turn in to regular fans.

What I dont understand is why any of this is bothering people.
    Football fever coming off a bye week.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its really not hard to understand at all. Not everyone in the FM-area is enamored with NDSU or the Bison. As far as the bad wagon fans there is nothing the matter
    them. They bring revenue and they fill the seats and Im sure a few turn in to regular fans.

What I dont understand is why any of this is bothering people.
    For me at least, its less "bothering" and more "confusion as to why."
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think the season ticket waiting list is a lot smaller than most people think at this point. If they open up another student section next year for season ticket sales, especially if it's an endzone section with lower price points, that season ticket waiting list might get completely dried up.

But I'd agree that if someone wants to just hunt for single game tickets on the secondary market next year they could fairly easily get into every single game and probably for cheaper than they would if they bought season tickets even with SDSU and UND on the 2020 home schedule.
    One thing I miss is the GA youth tickets - $10? I believe.
    If NDSU is going to do something with more student tickets, wish they would go back to a limited number of GA and GA youth tickets. Even the Wed deadline tickets the students did not take, if nothing else. That way, NDSU could encourage new fans and young fans.
    Also, NDSU could sell at that lower price in the playoffs, if I understand the NCAA rule correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Did some seat counting and here is the ticket availability:

Total tickets: 2,329
    North endzone: 365
    South endzone: 271
    East side: 449
    West side: 1,244

Of the total number available, 954 are in the student section. I would not be surprised if the student section loses another section next year. That being said; there are seats available and I think a lot will be sold by Saturday. Its playoff time Bison Nation, lets go!!
    Update:

Total tickets: 2,130
    North endzone: 327
    South endzone: 243
    East side: 399
    West side: 1,161

A little movement. Hoping for a big walkup crowd tomorrow. With no more sold, would have 16,570 in attendance.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    I still do not understand how attendance can dip like people are talking (-1500 or so empty seats) but yet there is still a waiting list for season tickets? What piece of the puzzle is missing that would explain this?

In my estimation anyone who wants to buy season tickets can just as easily be buying single game seats at this point. Not like your seats are going to get better at the bottom of the season ticket holder barrel
    I think NDSU finally touched the upper limit of ticket prices that many will pay. Are there only, say, 16000 that will pay $40 for a ticket? Adding to that its a busy time of year with travel, family gatherings and work parties/celebrations, and filled with financial stress for many - buying presents, etc.

If NDSU roles back ticket prices to $20 for example, I think we have crowds of 19k again.

Thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by DCBison View Post
    I think NDSU finally touched the upper limit of ticket prices that many will pay. Are there only, say, 16000 that will pay $40 for a ticket? Adding to that its a busy time of year with travel, family gatherings and work parties/celebrations, and filled with financial stress for many - buying presents, etc.

If NDSU roles back ticket prices to $20 for example, I think we have crowds of 19k again.

Thoughts on this?
    16000 at $40 is $640,000
    19000 at $20 is $380,000
    I take it you will cover the $260,000 a game less in revenue to make this happen. Asking for a friend.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I attended a game this year driving from Georgia. I bought 8 tickets 480.00 . (4 were 80.00 each.) My sister lives in Moorhead and was surprised I was able to get tickets. Two things- they thought it was a full house every game, the tailgating experience needs to be advertised as open to everyone. I was amazed at the amount of activity and number of people wandering around. We didn't have any idea it would be so extensive. Local promotions should be reviewed to be sure the community is fully aware of tickets last minute opportunities and the total experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    16000 at $40 is $640,000
    19000 at $20 is $380,000
    I take it you will cover the $260,000 a game less in revenue to make this happen. Asking for a friend.
    Ours were 31.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    16000 at $40 is $640,000
    19000 at $20 is $380,000
    Haha, umm, no. Definitely better for NDSU to charge 16k at $40 rather than full house at $20, speaking strictly financially. My point is, although I would love to see a full house, I can't blame folks for deciding to save some cash and watching on TV. Hopefully those of us that are at the FFD will represent loudly and proudly.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    For me at least, its less "bothering" and more "confusion as to why."
    Dont over think a non issue = no confusion.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."