Page 94 of 302 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Not sure if discussed before. I honestly think D3 and Bethel has set in motion something that is going to effect NDSU in a great way. It doesn't appear that NDSU is going anywhere anytime soon on their own. I have never felt more like we need to move on then i do this year, for crying out loud this was supposed to be a down year. I personally hope that FCS kicks us out of the league. NDSUe would find a way to make things work financially and nothing is more fun then a Bison team with a chip on their shoulder. I just think it would be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by GoRams View Post
    Not sure if discussed before. I honestly think D3 and Bethel has set in motion something that is going to effect NDSU in a great way. It doesn't appear that NDSU is going anywhere anytime soon on their own. I have never felt more like we need to move on then i do this year, for crying out loud this was supposed to be a down year. I personally hope that FCS kicks us out of the league. NDSUe would find a way to make things work financially and nothing is more fun then a Bison team with a chip on their shoulder. I just think it would be sweet!
    This is an interesting take.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by GoRams View Post
    I'm assuming you're talking about St Thomas not Bethel? Or are you saying Bethel was responsible for starting the movement to oust St Thomas?

I've heard rumblings that St Thomas themselves may have played a role behind the scenes in that because they wanted a good excuse to petition the NCAA for a jump straight from D3 to D1. Could just be speculation though.

Also, that's D3 non-scholarship sports. This is D1 football... I would hope MVFC member schools have a little more pride than to try to pull the same stunt.

Whoops yes St Thomas. I’m pro moving up and I feel like until FBS splits we aren’t going anywhere. Would love to see a new challenge for the Bison

UOTE=Professor Chaos;1381419]I'm assuming you're talking about St Thomas not Bethel? Or are you saying Bethel was responsible for starting the movement to oust St Thomas?

I've heard rumblings that St Thomas themselves may have played a role behind the scenes in that because they wanted a good excuse to petition the NCAA for a jump straight from D3 to D1. Could just be speculation though.

Also, that's D3 non-scholarship sports. This is D1 football... I would hope MVFC member schools have a little more pride than to try to pull the same stunt.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    There's children in China who have never heard of the bison.
    We're a Nike school, so I think they have. There may be kids in 3rd world countries that haven't heard of us, but for some reason are big Sam Houston fans....
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

E
    Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    We're a Nike school, so I think they have. There may be kids in 3rd world countries that haven't heard of us, but for some reason are big Sam Houston fans....
    Manufacturing runner up and quarter finalist t shirts?.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    E

Manufacturing runner up and quarter finalist t shirts?.
    No, wearing the National Championship shirts that SHSU and their fans didn't get to wear because of the Bison.
    Hail the BISON!!!

AKBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Boise State, they had a lot of momentum and things going their way..........about a decade ago. Since then, they, along with all the other G5 schools, have become irrelevant since the unofficial split around 2014. Yes, they've had pretty good teams, but the coverage and push isn't what they use to have.

TCU, on the other hand, got lucky when that Big 12 invite came. Too bad for Boise State, the Big East invite fell through and they had to take TCU's spot in the MW. Boise State would have been a better addition to the PAC 12 than CU-Boulder, who should have stayed in the Big 12.
    Boise won the 2014 Fiesta Bowl against Arizona and the 2017 Vegas Bowl against Oregon. They are still ESPN's late Saturday game Anchor. They also stand a pretty good chance of getting the NY6 access bowl this year. They are down a bit since Peterson left but are from irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Boise won the 2014 Fiesta Bowl against Arizona and the 2017 Vegas Bowl against Oregon. They are still ESPN's late Saturday game Anchor. They also stand a pretty good chance of getting the NY6 access bowl this year. They are down a bit since Peterson left but are from irrelevant.
    I still don't feel they are getting the push they were once getting. Maybe in few years when the new TV contracts are being negotiated, but as long as they are in the MW, they are just another G5 playing for consolation prizes regardless of their record.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Whos up for the big game vs Western? Is NDSU going to stick the WIU radio team up in the corner with a table and extension cord to do their work like Shawn and LT had to deal with in Macomb?