Page 111 of 302 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    That is a complete joke of a statement. Your telling me that virtually every G5 program has better alumni, better alumni donations, and more local and state support then NDSU does? (Hint: many of them don't.) Listen I am 100% for a move when it makes sense and the funding is there. None of that happens overnight and none of that ever happens as long as we continue to play chicken little. App State fans would laugh themselves sick if they read what you posted.
    Yes, I stand by what I posted. When you take all the variables (some of which I listed previously) and compare them as a whole between FCS and FBS schools it is clear where the differences are - funding and support, and not just at the athletic level. If you believe the support NDSU needs to be FBS already exists, especially from the State level, you’re wrong. Why a state that politically disapproves supporting higher education has so many state schools is mind boggling to begin with.

Take in the endowment level that NDSU has now (about $207 million) compared that to most FBS, and I’m willing to bet it pales in comparison. Take in the area’s local support and number of alumni, and it is clear we have work to do to get caught up to a reasonable level. Unfortunately, we’re a small school.

Also, the gap of the variables that existed between DII schools and FCS/D1-AA when NDSU made the jump was pretty tiny compared to the jump between FCS and FBS schools today. Why anyone brings this up as a reason for an easy transition is naive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    So we can be.....Wyoming?

sounds awesome.
    Their endowment (about $550 million) is nice, everything else, not so much.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    According to Bucky's kid, we need to get the IPF fully funded, complete the Softball stadium, and build new t&f facilities. I would also add that are basketball arena is completely inadequate for a true mid major. Hell, it's inadequate for the Summit to be honest as we sit behind UNO, USD, SDSU, and ORU.
    And we are having a VERY difficult time finding funding for IPF ...

And BV will say bullshit, but that’s accurate.

And Wentz isn’t into dealing with that kinda stuff mid-season, if at all.

And I’m not just blowing negative smoke ...

Hoping for the “El Chapo” IPF tho .... with his trust fund as source of $$. Should be coming soon me thinks.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And we are having a VERY difficult time finding funding for IPF ...

And BV will say bullshit, but that’s accurate.

And Wentz isn’t into dealing with that kinda stuff mid-season, if at all.

And I’m not just blowing negative smoke ...

Hoping for the “El Chapo” IPF tho .... with his trust fund as source of $$. Should be coming soon me thinks.

What you are saying about IPF funding is true, I had a most enlightening conversation with Matt Lien last winter before making a pledge to the IPF. I know they are working hard to get more money, but why do it so quietly? Why not make a big public push and get the money rolling in. I went to them and offered cash but would have ponied up sooner if they made it know how progress was coming and made a pitch for donations.

Don't get me wrong, I love the work these guys are doing, and Matt Lien was more than willing to talk about it. At the time he indicated June, 2020 was when they wanted to break ground. I'm starting to wonder if it will happen.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    What you are saying about IPF funding is true, I had a most enlightening conversation with Matt Lien last winter before making a pledge to the IPF. I know they are working hard to get more money, but why do it so quietly? Why not make a big public push and get the money rolling in. I went to them and offered cash but would have ponied up sooner if they made it know how progress was coming and made a pitch for donations.

Don't get me wrong, I love the work these guys are doing, and Matt Lien was more than willing to talk about it. At the time he indicated June, 2020 was when they wanted to break ground. I'm starting to wonder if it will happen.
    It was my understanding they had 1/2 the money in place when they announced.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

The silence is a result of lack of funding/donations. Why would they advertise that shit isn’t going well?

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The silence is a result of lack of funding/donations. Why would they advertise that shit isn’t going well?

Well it never hurts to beg!

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Yes, I stand by what I posted. When you take all the variables (some of which I listed previously) and compare them as a whole between FCS and FBS schools it is clear where the differences are - funding and support, and not just at the athletic level. If you believe the support NDSU needs to be FBS already exists, especially from the State level, you’re wrong. Why a state that politically disapproves supporting higher education has so many state schools is mind boggling to begin with.

Take in the endowment level that NDSU has now (about $207 million) compared that to most FBS, and I’m willing to bet it pales in comparison. Take in the area’s local support and number of alumni, and it is clear we have work to do to get caught up to a reasonable level. Unfortunately, we’re a small school.

Also, the gap of the variables that existed between DII schools and FCS/D1-AA when NDSU made the jump was pretty tiny compared to the jump between FCS and FBS schools today. Why anyone brings this up as a reason for an easy transition is naive.

Let's use App as an example from 2017 available from the Knight commission website. A couple of quick thoughts though. I have no idea what other revenue means. Team Makers clearly kick ass and are easily in the top 1/3 of the G5. App is a one trick pony and that will never fly here so those numbers need to be taken into context as I believe NDSU is committed to be a well rounded AD. Lastly, the biggest gap is the student fees. I do think that the students will have to put some skin in the game if we want to go FBS but it is a major badge of honor that the alumni are supporting athletics here rather than doing it on the backs of students. Anyways, the numbers are interesting and I'm not really sure if they support an FBS move or not for us. Just food for thought.

App

17k students
    Endowment 88 Million
    20 sports
    478 athletes
    35 mil budget
    1.13 million in licensing etc
    2.9 mil in donations
    1.8 mil in Guaranteed games
    4.4 mil in NCAA and conference tv money
    2.5 mil in ticket sales
    9.4 mil in institutional support
    11.8 mil in student fees
    896k in "other"

NDSU

12k students
    Endowment: 260 Million
    16 sports
    419 student athletes
    28 mil budget
    1.9 mil licensing etc
    6.6 mil in donations
    862k guarantee games
    1.9 million in NCAA and conference tv money
    6.4 million in institutional support
    1.4 million in student fees
    2.3 million in "other"

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well it never hurts to beg!
    Actually, it does.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Show me a legitimate study documenting your 50% claim.
    No need for a study but he is right about one thing. The number of pro FBS people grows every year. There is no disputing that.