Page 50 of 302 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    100% agreed. The Gap is widening quickly though between the G5 and P5 in terms of facilities and dollars. There is going to be a split at some point.
    you anti-fbs people been saying that since 2011!!! cmon that old excuse dont play
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    you anti-fbs people been saying that since 2011!!! cmon that old excuse dont play
    Give me a G5 that has been overly competitive with P5 schools in last 8 years.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Boise State & UCF . game. blouses.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Well the thing is we will have to recruit a different player. Just as we did when we moved up. Youre betting on the come with 8 win seasons. Plus you are talking about
    recruiting against UNI and SDSU? We will be recruiting against the Big 10. If we are going to still be recruiting against UNI we may as well stay where we are at.

So you need to ask the question would they rather come to Fargo or South Bend? East Lansing, Iowa City etc etc etc. Same questions the walk on and PWO ask now and we get a couple because they may get more money at NDSU and a chance to be on a championship team. But now that we are in the bigs we cant play that game with top recruits. Plus the allure of playing for a National Championship wont be in the cards for a very long time.
    Pat, I disagree with this. We wouldn't be going against Notre Dame or Mich State for players. We would be going against teams like K State, I State, Wyoming 4/5 star kids don't go to NDSU. Plus we would/should have the pick of kids in Wisconsin/MInnesota/Iowa/Nebraska that don't go Big 10 or Big 12. You can develop and win a lot of games with those kids. IMO we could easily become a top 25 program. That should be our goal Maybe catching lightning in a bottle every 5-10 years and play in a big bowl game. Before anything though we would need a bigger stadium.

This started with is there Bison Fatigue. I believe there is. I don't see as many tailgaters. Don't see as many fans in the stands. Crowd isn't into the games like they used to be. Why? Because a lot of people have grown tired with the domination. I know that sounds crazy but true. I have talked with a LOT of people and they want us to play against the big boys(better team) They are tired of beating up on most teams we play.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Give me a G5 that has been overly competitive with P5 schools in last 8 years.
    we are better than almost all of the G5 schools and we only have 65 scholarships and we are recruiting with the FCS label. Imagine what we could do with FBS and 85 full scholarships?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    When is the announcement scheduled? This sounds more like a SiouxVolley prediction. I expect better from you Chap....
    There is a fundraising kickoff for the university (not athletics) on 10/10.

https://www.ndsufoundation.com/inour...9-9ac9008ede96

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My question is....What do we do about "Chapo Fatigue"?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    we are better than almost all of the G5 schools and we only have 65 scholarships and we are recruiting with the FCS label. Imagine what we could do with FBS and 85 full scholarships?
    63 scholarships that is spread among (up to) 85 players. If/when NDSU moves up, the number of scholarship players will be the same, but the difference is that no players will be on partial scholarships.
    Hail the BISON!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Right everyone would get a full scholarship. I have to imagine that we have lost out on recruits because we were only able to offer say a 25-50% scholarship where they could get a full someplace else and that includes G5 FBS schools.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

We would obviously be getting higher level recruits. Cant comprehend how we would somehow magically get WORSE recruits?

Championships are a byproduct of a championship level program. People come here for the Championship work ethic, the championship mindset, the championship atmosphere, the championship level media attention, - all of which result in extremely high quality football and an EXCELLENT chance of getting a shot in the NFL.

Those dont go away if we go G5.

If the only reason we have good players is the ability to win championships, wouldnt we be winning recruiting battles with virtually every P5 sans Clemson and Alabama? If wining championships is so alluring (even at a lower level)why aren't the gophers losing recruits to St thomas, or Mount Union, or Mankato state? Why dont we pluck half of gopher recruits.

Can we all agree that the LEVEL of football carries a ton of weight for a ton of excellent football players? or are we just going to continue ignoring reality?
    Championships are a byproduct of a championship level program. The championships themselves arent the reason we are an attractive program.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS