Page 173 of 302 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I really do not disagree with what you are saying or for what others are saying with games that challenge. But name me any program in the country that would trade places the NDSU football tomorrow and have had the run that continues to this day. Everyone with the exception to JMU since they are superior to NDSU, just ask them. Do not take your fatigue out on the hard work our talented student athletes put in from the starters to the bench and redshirts. This goes for coaches and staff as well. Can we help that we are currently ahead of most in the FCS. Would the people with fatigue rather have us with a 7-5 record wondering if we are getting into the playoffs at all. Losing all the time to regional schools in our footprint. I for one will enjoy this ride as long as it lasts and for the years to follow it as well. Not taking a poke at you or your post. I guess I can only speak for myself. I would rather have a championship team that performs at a extremely high levels and wins 95% of their games. But that is just me. NDSU falling back to the pack does not make the pack stronger. The pack needs to get better or suffer the results of not improving.
    There isn't one person on this board that wants the team to fall back to the pack. Why do people keep asking this question? The product is a great product (players, coaches, the program). The upper management and/or marketing people seem to be on cruise control as far as fan engagement and marketing are concerned. It seems that in past handful of years, the product has sold itself. I guess that's changing and there needs to be new or different levels of fan engagement to keep butts in the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    I let my season ticket reservation go back for this week, looks like on gobison.com, they are still available to purchase along with many others around me. As far as fatigue, I have been attending games since 2000, this year is by far my lowest involvement year. My main reason is that my TV market is not the Fargo or Grand Forks area so there is no NDSU coverage. The forum putting Kolpack and Izzo/stories behind a pay wall has not allowed me to maintain interest in the post or upcoming games. I will say that I am watching more MBB games this year than I have in the past since my boys are big into basketball and like to watch the MBB team.
    For TV coverage it's limited when you live outside of the market, but for audio and stories, try Bison Report or Bison 1660.
    Bison 1660 has like 14 hours a week of Bison coverage and it's all podcast, not including games.
    Bison report is awesome for print. Also Dom Izzo has a radio show every morning which you can listen to online

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I really do not disagree with what you are saying or for what others are saying with games that challenge. But name me any program in the country that would trade places the NDSU football tomorrow and have had the run that continues to this day. Everyone with the exception to JMU since they are superior to NDSU, just ask them. Do not take your fatigue out on the hard work our talented student athletes put in from the starters to the bench and redshirts. This goes for coaches and staff as well. Can we help that we are currently ahead of most in the FCS. Would the people with fatigue rather have us with a 7-5 record wondering if we are getting into the playoffs at all. Losing all the time to regional schools in our footprint. I for one will enjoy this ride as long as it lasts and for the years to follow it as well. Not taking a poke at you or your post. I guess I can only speak for myself. I would rather have a championship team that performs at a extremely high levels and wins 95% of their games. But that is just me. NDSU falling back to the pack does not make the pack stronger. The pack needs to get better or suffer the results of not improving.
    NO one wants NDSU to go back to the pack.. and these schools are never coming up more than 1-2 at any given time... We want the Bison to find a new pack and dominate them... Imagine leaving the dome after seeing Trey Lance mount a 4th qtr comeback and thinking wow what a game!!! I cant believe we beat them!!

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    when i overhear people over and over again at bars/restaurants say "I'm not going to NDSU games because they don't play anyone, they blow out everyone" that's the Fatigue we are battling here.

its like watching "the office" or "seinfeld" once you've seen that episode 7-8 times, you're like "meh"

so yea, its a spoiled fanbase, but the majority wants something bigger. that's facts man.
    So they'll sit in the bar...with the same groups of people...and have the same conversations over and over again....and watch the Bison. Lol. But yeah...MAC teams will get them into the game.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Is it possible we are seeing delayed impacts of farming struggles? They say it's a huge chunk of the economy and this year sucks pretty bad. Seems like everywhere I go it's slow business right now

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I like Bison football just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    So they'll sit in the bar...with the same groups of people...and have the same conversations over and over again....and watch the Bison. Lol. But yeah...MAC teams will get them into the game.
    if they like actual football games played by football teams rather than NDSU pounding glorified D2 schools than they probably will like MAC football.. seriously how many games in a row would NDSU have to win by an average of 28 points before you would be bored? we are at 34 and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I'm not here to defend the MAC specifically, but yes, Playing better overall competition will make games more competitive overall.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    NO one wants NDSU to go back to the pack.. and these schools are never coming up more than 1-2 at any given time... We want the Bison to find a new pack and dominate them... Imagine leaving the dome after seeing Trey Lance mount a 4th qtr comeback and thinking wow what a game!!! I cant believe we beat them!!
    There are very few "them" in G5 conferences that would be willing to travel to Fargo (few, if any P5 ever would), thus the disconnect for many of us.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    if they like actual football games played by football teams rather than NDSU pounding glorified D2 schools than they probably will like MAC football.. seriously how many games in a row would NDSU have to win by an average of 28 points before you would be bored? we are at 34 and counting...
    And who in the MAC would give us a game? We'd piss pump the MAC.

Lardsin must go!