Page 165 of 302 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    (ticket revenue up in that report because of the shell game that simmers did by tying teammakers fees to tickets? )

theres a ton of tickets for sale, there are plenty of NDSU fans that just dont care anymore. some might not even care for Frisco. Its here and it's real. solving this problem is paramount
    Is that the same shell game that every pro sports team and every major university uses?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd flip those and maybe spread them out even further. We'll see how JMU and Montana St draw in comparison to last week but I wouldn't be surprised to see them take bigger attendance dips (percentage wise) this week than we will. Last week was eye opening for me comparing attendance at places like JMU (down 34% from their 2nd round game in 2017), Weber St (down 39% from their 2nd round game last year), and SDSU (down 48% from their 2017 2nd round game against UNI) to previous years' playoff attendance figures in the same round.

NDSU's top attendance since 2013 in the 2nd round was Furman in 2013 at 18,455. Last week's 2nd round attendance was "only" down 15% from that.
    This is SUPER important to keep in mind. No one is happy about the attendance drop- obviously, but its important to have perspective when it comes to the national trend as well as perspective on our personal trend.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I'm fine with diehards missing games because of family, etc and even some "Fatigue" among our fanbase.

what I'm perplexed is the General Public & people that complained about not being able to get tickets are NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.... thats the issue.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I'm fine with diehards missing games because of family, etc and even some "Fatigue" among our fanbase.

what I'm perplexed is the General Public & people that complained about not being able to get tickets are NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.... thats the issue.
    Obviously the waiting list wasn't as big as some here said it was. Oh the drama.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Obviously the waiting list wasn't as big as some here said it was. Oh the drama.
    Yes PL....more drama....Please!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

You want to be sick to your stomach? go click on tickets and scroll around the dome and look at the season tickets not renewed for this game. (and the student section & visiting section hasnt released tickets yet)

H O L Y C R A P !!!

thousands..
    Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Holy schnikes... thats alot of seats. There is undoubdetly fatigue, however, this trend is national as well so there is more at work.
    My perspective: 70% Fatigue/30% other forces
    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We are missing as well...all day basketball tournaments for the kids. Really wanted a Friday night game...
    Wow, there is a lot of open seats. I was shocked to see that many open.

I am in the same boat as TAB -- 2 kids playing in the same tourney as his kids. The Fargo Moorhead Youth Basketball League has exploded in size the last 2 years, and all age groups have their tourneys on Saturday. That takes out a lot of local people from being able to attend an 11am Bison game on Saturday.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would put forth the notion- Those who claim to be die-hard fans, yet don't back it up, are in it for the social media attention. "Look at me, i'm a huge Bison fan."

I think it's pretty easy to see what is happening. The new car smell has wore off. Everyone had to be a part of it right away whether you were a diehard or a casual fan. And now, years later, we are playing teams that are 28/23 point underdogs in the playoffs. Frisco will continue to be a good fan draw because it's a warmer weather destination and a game against presumably a solid foe.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    I think it's pretty easy to see what is happening. The new car smell has wore off. Everyone had to be a part of it right away whether you were a diehard or a casual fan. And now, years later, we are playing teams that are 28/23 point underdogs in the playoffs. Frisco will continue to be a good fan draw because it's a warmer weather destination and a game against presumably a solid foe.
    NooooooooOOOOOOO! NO NO NO NO NO NO! People are EXACTLY as excited about this game as they were during our first championship run, and if you disagree, it means you are going to hell.

Whenever you have feelings like this, you have to close your eyes, pretend super duper hard, stick your fingers in your ears and recited the #FCSforever oath:
    "there is no Bison fatigue. Our competition is elite. People are excited to play regular FCS competition all the time, with literally no exceptions. There is no such thing as the law of decreasing marginal utility, and anyone who disagrees is also going to hell. It is some spooky dark magic causing fans not to be interested and attend games now!"
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just bought 5 tickets for the fam for this game.