Page 152 of 302 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    16000 at $40 is $640,000
    19000 at $20 is $380,000
    I take it you will cover the $260,000 a game less in revenue to make this happen. Asking for a friend.
    What is the impact on concessions, parking fees, 50/50 raffle etc., etc?

Also less direct impact on sales of licensed apparel and other collateral. I know I wear all my licensed merch and fly the flags etc when watching at home but is everyone else who watches from home that goofy? Actual event attendees more likely to wear the goods I think.

Anyway the point is it is probably just a bit more nuanced than straight diff in ticket sales alone right?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    16000 at $40 is $640,000
    19000 at $20 is $380,000
    I take it you will cover the $260,000 a game less in revenue to make this happen. Asking for a friend.
    How about 16K at $40 for $640K and then another 3K at $20 for an extra $60K of ticket revenue, plus the other revenue that comes with it? Seems like a no brainer to me to have some seats (standing room only?) for a low price to make the game accessible to a wider audience.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DCBison View Post
    I think NDSU finally touched the upper limit of ticket prices that many will pay. Are there only, say, 16000 that will pay $40 for a ticket? Adding to that its a busy time of year with travel, family gatherings and work parties/celebrations, and filled with financial stress for many - buying presents, etc.

If NDSU roles back ticket prices to $20 for example, I think we have crowds of 19k again.

Thoughts on this?
    I agree with a good chunk of this. Getting to be where the casual fan doesn’t want to pay $40 (just a number) for tickets anymore since they’ve been there done that so to speak. Casual fans don’t care as much anymore they assume it will be a slaughter.

There’s a lot that plays into this also as mentioned people just assume there aren’t tickets. Although this week you’d have to be blind and deaf not to see that there are tickets available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    How about 16K at $40 for $640K and then another 3K at $20 for an extra $60K of ticket revenue, plus the other revenue that comes with it? Seems like a no brainer to me to have some seats (standing room only?) for a low price to make the game accessible to a wider audience.
    especially since row KK on the end isn't the same seat at row A on the 50.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I agree with a good chunk of this. Getting to be where the casual fan doesn’t want to pay $40 (just a number) for tickets anymore since they’ve been there done that so to speak. Casual fans don’t care as much anymore they assume it will be a slaughter.

There’s a lot that plays into this also as mentioned people just assume there aren’t tickets. Although this week you’d have to be blind and deaf not to see that there are tickets available.

Well maybe it’s readily apparent in the FM metro but down here in the twin cities we don’t get your local news of course.

I’m mildly afflicted with Bison Football mania and keep myself well connected to this site so I am in the know. I also received a couple of emails from Bison Athletics this week to let me know there were tix available. But I am wondering if the other 10,000 of my fellow alumni down here are equally informed. I bet not.

The Alumni Association knows who we are. Trust me when I say they know where to find us. Maybe some promotions in partnership with hospitality and dining biz could be worked out and offered to “ex-pat” alums. Bring in Scheels to offer a discount coupon for Bison swag plus a ticket-room-dining discount package to make a weekend getaway for Bison Beatdown fun. Roll in a catered tailgate thing..

I dunno, just spitballing here.

Damn I hate these bye week things. I sure hope the boys healed up well. Is it game time yet? How many more minutes???? I’m not gonna sleep tonight...

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Well maybe it’s readily apparent in the FM metro but down here in the twin cities we don’t get your local news of course.

I’m mildly afflicted with Bison Football mania and keep myself well connected to this site so I am in the know. I also received a couple of emails from Bison Athletics this week to let me know there were tix available. But I am wondering if the other 10,000 of my fellow alumni down here are equally informed. I bet not.

The Alumni Association knows who we are. Trust me when I say they know where to find us. Maybe some promotions in partnership with hospitality and dining biz could be worked out and offered to “ex-pat” alums. Bring in Scheels to offer a discount coupon for Bison swag plus a ticket-room-dining discount package to make a weekend getaway for Bison Beatdown fun. Roll in a catered tailgate thing..

Damn I hate these bye week things. I sure hope the boys healed up well. Is it game time yet? How many more minutes???? I’m not gonna sleep tonight...
    I see what you mean. I do think the product has sold itself the last 6-7 years and they are going to have to start picking up the marketing aspect again.

Default Bison Fatigue

A lot of what you say is spot on.

The “Giving Day” should have been more well “advertised” IMO.

I emailed former players association and others and here is one of the responses I received:

Lakes may have a point that current Admins need to get a bit more busy in a way.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

I emailed former players association and others and here is one of the responses I received:

Lakes may have a point that current Admins need to get a bit more busy in a way.

This is very disappointing. Looks like some people aren’t doing their job to the fullest.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Default Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Yeah that’s another one. I did not know about the “Giving Day” until that very day and only because of Bisonville. I wonder how many alums were missed.

(There was a spell check gem in there but I have edited it out. It was gold)

Yeah that’s another one. I did not know about the “Giving Day” until that very day and only bra size of Bisonville. I wonder how many alums were missed.
    bra size of Bisonville........I'm like so lost right now.
    Hail the BISON!!!