Page 66 of 302 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Is the farm economy having an effect on Bison Nation?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Is the farm economy having an effect on Bison Nation?
    This is correct yes.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    If you are in any way connected to the agricultural community of our state, and with all the crop left out there to harvest, then going or not going to the game is an hour by hour decision. With NDSU's ties to ag, I'm sure this is part of the issue.
    Sorry I missed your post earlier. I agree with you. Things are rough out there from what I hear. My brother and sister live east of Mayville. It doesn't sound good. It's even worse elsewhere.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Overall, I was impressed with The Jacks turnout to the game. I thought there would be about 1000 more Bison Fans than there were, but I understand this isnt frisco, and on average it isnt THAT competative of a game. I was 10% disappointed with our fan turnout at the game...

GAMEDAY however. I was there at 545AM and I could count the Bison fans on two hands and one foot. Shameful f*ckin turnout. That made me angry. I get it, tailgating comes first but sheesh. I was at gameday for 5+hrs and I STILL got to tailgate for 2.5Hrs. whatever. SDSU ate our lunch on national TV for 3HRs but who cares right? I need to get my panties out of a bunch, I know.
    Thought about attending Gameday; then, my son decided to change plans. So, I have my two grandsons with me (8 and 10 yr. olds) and there's no way I was going to ask them to get up at 6 and then drive to Brookings to stand for 3 or 4 hours during Gameday. Don't be so upset; NDSU has hosted Gameday twice. I was quite content allowing the Bunny fans to have their day in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsBison View Post
    When Corso started out, the way he started out, I started saying “but” out loud. It was so cool to have the highlight of the morning be an NDSU thing.
    I though he was angling towards picking NDSU the whole show when he said a few times "Watch out NDSU" along with a quip about how good SDSU is. I was actually disappointed by the lack of boos from the SDSU fans when he put on the Thundar head. The boos were louder for Herbie, they gave the old guy a pass almost.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Good point. Actually, thats a great point. that did more than 3-4k bison fans would have had.
    I dont say this often, but you just changed my mind 100% lol good work, sir
    In the end as time goes by, Gameday in Brookings wasn't really a competition between NDSU and SDSU. It was fun making it that leading up to it, but years from now both schools have all kinds of media (pictures, video, sound bites) of their programs being talked about and highlighted on Gameday.

The two times they came to Fargo Deliwear State and UIW barely got anything out of it aside from a picture of the stage with their helmet on it and a passing mention of their school and how they were going to get destroyed. This time in Brookings, call it a 60/40 split. SDSU gets to brag Gameday came to Brookings, the features focused on their program slightly more, and they got some funny signs on TV making fun of NDSU. NDSU got nearly the same amount of coverage and the money shot of Thundar's head on Corso. Good deal for NDSU in the end and all without much effort needed by Bison fans.

The cherry on top though is Bunny fans remembering how much their souls where crushed watching Cofield run down that sideline for a TD every time they think about that time Gameday came to Brookings. Priceless. Honestly I'm glad in the end it wasn't a blow out. It would suck remember a game like that too, but not nearly as much as how fast their joy turned to anguish. That hurt lives with you for a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    In the end as time goes by, Gameday in Brookings wasn't really a competition between NDSU and SDSU. It was fun making it that leading up to it, but years from now both schools have all kinds of media (pictures, video, sound bites) of their programs being talked about and highlighted on Gameday.

The two times they came to Fargo Deliwear State and UIW barely got anything out of it aside from a picture of the stage with their helmet on it and a passing mention of their school and how they were going to get destroyed. This time in Brookings, call it a 60/40 split. SDSU gets to brag Gameday came to Brookings, the features focused on their program slightly more, and they got some funny signs on TV making fun of NDSU. NDSU got nearly the same amount of coverage and the money shot of Thundar's head on Corso. Good deal for NDSU in the end and all without much effort needed by Bison fans.

The cherry on top though is Bunny fans remembering how much their souls where crushed watching Cofield run down that sideline for a TD every time they think about that time Gameday came to Brookings. Priceless. Honestly I'm glad in the end it wasn't a blow out. It would suck remember a game like that too, but not nearly as much as how fast their joy turned to anguish. That hurt lives with you for a lifetime.
    Without SDSU, NDSU doesn't get into the MVFC and who knows what happens to the Bison program. Without NDSU, SDSU doesn't get CGD and now it will be interesting to see what happens to their program. I say both teams have helped each other out tremendously and that relationship has gotten both to rise to the top of the FCS (if/when NDSU moves up, SDSU has to be part of that move in my opinion). On the other hand, USD and UND laughed at the idea of moving up to DI and are both spinning their wheels in mediocrity, especially the latter.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Without SDSU, NDSU doesn't get into the MVFC and who knows what happens to the Bison program. Without NDSU, SDSU doesn't get CGD and now it will be interesting to see what happens to their program. I say both teams have helped each other out tremendously and that relationship has gotten both to rise to the top of the FCS (if/when NDSU moves up, SDSU has to be part of that move in my opinion). On the other hand, USD and UND laughed at the idea of moving up to DI and are both spinning their wheels in mediocrity, especially the latter.
    That's why it's nice to see some love from ESPN thrown SDSU's way. They deserve it.

At the same time, it's nice to see their souls crushed in the end when it really mattered in the Win Loss column.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    That's why it's nice to see some love from ESPN thrown SDSU's way. They deserve it.

At the same time, it's nice to see their souls crushed in the end when it really mattered in the Win Loss column.
    Totally agree. I respect them, but I don't have to like them.
    Hail the BISON!!!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you're still feeling "Bison fatigue" after having been in Brookings on Saturday...there's no hope for you. That was one of the best Bison game days I've ever been a part of.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1