Page 59 of 302 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Bear with me on this as I type this at 35,000 ft. On my earlier flight from Guam to Honolulu I was wearing my green NDSU fleece and low and behold, the guy next to me is wearing an NDSU hoodie. Of course I get all giddy as I don't see too many Bison fans this far west. Talk to him a little bit and find out he went to NDSU for a couple years. I mention how I'm a huge Bison fan and from ND and went to Frisco a couple times. He said home games were not fun as half the students leave at halftime to go drink and blowout cities were no fun to watch. He also mentioned he didn't like Fargo and blah blah blah. Conversation kinda ended after that. Was gonna take a picture with him but found him pretty lame. I'll blame it on the fact he said he was from the Twin Cities It is cool that I get stopped and asked about the Bison often when I lived in Hawaii and even on Guam, but very disappointed to get that response from the first "NDSU guy" I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Bear with me on this as I type this at 35,000 ft. On my earlier flight from Guam to Honolulu I was wearing my green NDSU fleece and low and behold, the guy next to me is wearing an NDSU hoodie. Of course I get all giddy as I don't see too many Bison fans this far west. Talk to him a little bit and find out he went to NDSU for a couple years. I mention how I'm a huge Bison fan and from ND and went to Frisco a couple times. He said home games were not fun as half the students leave at halftime to go drink and blowout cities were no fun to watch. He also mentioned he didn't like Fargo and blah blah blah. Conversation kinda ended after that. Was gonna take a picture with him but found him pretty lame. I'll blame it on the fact he said he was from the Twin Cities It is cool that I get stopped and asked about the Bison often when I lived in Hawaii and even on Guam, but very disappointed to get that response from the first "NDSU guy" I've seen in a while.
    That's such a lame excuse for leaving early. If the students were interested in watching competitive events more than a few dozen would show up to basketball games.

I don't buy the "blowouts aren't fun to watch" excuse anyway since a good chunk of them left at halftime for the UC Davis and UNI games when those games were close at the half.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sounds like a real fun guy. I’m sure if you had talked further, you would have heard about his car (broke down), his job (sucks), and his wife (left him). Just an overall great guy.

If the idiot is determining his game day experience on the attendance of the students then he just needs to stay home as hes going to have a bad day.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

You guys want to see bison fatigue. Im bringing a 3 year old to the game that slept 3 hours last night. And the games during regular nap time. Now that's bison fatigue.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    You guys want to see bison fatigue. Im bringing a 3 year old to the game that slept 3 hours last night. And the games during regular nap time. Now that's bison fatigue.
    send em up to section 7. 5 kids under 4. shitshow!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Sounds like a real fun guy. I’m sure if you had talked further, you would have heard about his car (broke down), his job (sucks), and his wife (left him). Just an overall great guy.
    So you're saying he's a country music fan then?

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I'll take misery state in between uni and sdsu every year. Sdsu has blue trees to play. Going to be a hell of a game next Saturday. Probably one of the biggest rivalries in all of college football. They've even won a game or two recently in the rivalry.
    Haha please. It isn’t even sniffing top 20

this game is epitome of fatique
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Today at 2:15 walking by the dome I hear a young fan about 8yr old ask the adult with him “Do you think we’ll get to leave at halftime today?” I didn’t catch the response but it stuck out to me that a young fan was asking that. Those kids should be begging to stay and get down there to high five players.
    Ok I’ll go back to grumbling about my lawn and the price of a loaf of bread now.