Page 47 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Showing the Horns? ... the list could go on.

I look up videos/pictures of 5-6 years ago and the crowd is louder, people are drunker , the horny bison tailgate aren't in depends and the women look better
    I grew up. Stopped drinking. Sorry but hando and unbison didn't like me when I was drinking. I truly am sorry guys. Emmmmm a truly would taste good right now.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Alright buddy step off the ledge.

There are so many things wrong about your response, it's completely incoherent.

1. We all know that the wins are special to us, Matt Entz and the players. Literally no one suggested that they arent.
    2. If you have evidence to suggest that the law of decreasing marginal utility doesnt exist, I'm more than open to hearing to what you have to say- but dont accuse me of spewing slimy drivel and tell me to F*ck off because you dont like the fact that this human behavior has been observed since the beginning of time.
    3. Accusing me that my SOUL is deficient because the student section isnt always full is JUST A BIT OF A STRETCH
    4. Also pretending that I'm not stimulated by the football team seems strange considering I'm a donor and going to more games this year than ever before and pay monthly fees to access media coverage of the team.

Seek help
    Exactly like I said. Putrid human pride. Maybe when you get over your self you will start enjoying good things in life; but go on blowing your horn and telling us how brilliant and sophisticated you are. Tell us how you are a superior person because you just need something more.

It isn't the law of decreasing marginal utility, it's the law of human self importance and raw arrogance that is work. If you take human dissatisfaction to the enth degree you always end up in theology. There is nothing wrong with the game or the whole scene. You have done this to yourself. Try focusing more on the other people involved and try to involve yourself in the higher forms of the human existence.

Try to identify with the people that we are supporting and share in their perspective instead of focusing inward. Everything will become more infused with animation, not just your sports experience.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Showing the Horns? ... the list could go on.

I look up videos/pictures of 5-6 years ago and the crowd is louder, people are drunker , the horny bison tailgate aren't in depends and the women look better
    ... and you had to walk uphill between the Fargodome and the Rainforest in the snow (both ways).

(sorry I couldn't resist)
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Exactly like I said. Putrid human pride. Maybe when you get over your self you will start enjoying good things in life; but go on blowing your horn and telling us how brilliant and sophisticated you are. Tell us how you are a superior person because you just need something more.

It isn't the law of decreasing marginal utility, it's the law of human self importance and raw arrogance that is work. If you take human dissatisfaction to the enth degree you always end up in theology. There is nothing wrong with the game or the whole scene. You have done this to yourself. Try focusing more on the other people involved and try to involve yourself in the higher forms of the human existence.

Try to identify with the people that we are supporting and share in their perspective instead of focusing inward. Everything will become more infused with animation, not just your sports experience.
    So, football is pretty cool, eh?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    ... and you had to walk uphill between the Fargodome and the Rainforest in the snow (both ways).

(sorry I couldn't resist)
    life was tougher then.

and yes TAB.. the Frisco Cruiser came out... LOL
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Alright buddy step off the ledge.

There are so many things wrong about your response, it's completely incoherent.

1. We all know that the wins are special to us, Matt Entz and the players. Literally no one suggested that they arent.
    2. If you have evidence to suggest that the law of decreasing marginal utility doesnt exist, I'm more than open to hearing to what you have to say- but dont accuse me of spewing slimy drivel and tell me to F*ck off because you dont like the fact that this human behavior has been observed since the beginning of time.
    3. Accusing me that my SOUL is deficient because the student section isnt always full is JUST A BIT OF A STRETCH
    4. Also pretending that I'm not stimulated by the football team seems strange considering I'm a donor and going to more games this year than ever before and pay monthly fees to access media coverage of the team.

Seek help
    I am tracking with you, and I also don’t understand what is so offensive about a discussion on a phenomenon that a lot of people are witnessing.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

There's definitely a bit of fatigue happening and that's just the nature of the beast IMHO. The die-hard fans will continue to be die-hard fans. There were/are some superfans that became superfans during the early part of the run, partly because of the hype/unprecedented nature of what was going on. No matter what, there will be some fans who fall off. Life events happen (weddings/divorce/kids/deaths/moving/career changes/etc...) and priorities shift.

Now, if NDSU were to move up to FBS and be successful (MWC champs lets say) there would likely be a resurgence of fans again.... actually there would probably be a resurgence for a few years w/o being a powerhouse at that level. But eventually that fanbase will start falling away as well when the team isn't really playing for anything. Yes, pure football fans may see more exciting games with some of the bigger P5 teams, but that doesn't do much for the casual fan, especially if you aren't regularly beating them. Now, if you do regularly beat those teams perhaps you get a shot 20 years down the road at a P5 conference... maybe....probably not though and then what do you do?

Best case scenario: p5/g5 split. G5 gets its own playoff. Upper FCS moves up to participate and NDSU wins at that level as well. IMHO G5 is kinda like being an Ivy school. Same level of competition with no championship eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    There's definitely a bit of fatigue happening and that's just the nature of the beast IMHO. The die-hard fans will continue to be die-hard fans. There were/are some superfans that became superfans during the early part of the run, partly because of the hype/unprecedented nature of what was going on. No matter what, there will be some fans who fall off. Life events happen (weddings/divorce/kids/deaths/moving/career changes/etc...) and priorities shift.

Now, if NDSU were to move up to FBS and be successful (MWC champs lets say) there would likely be a resurgence of fans again.... actually there would probably be a resurgence for a few years w/o being a powerhouse at that level. But eventually that fanbase will start falling away as well when the team isn't really playing for anything. Yes, pure football fans may see more exciting games with some of the bigger P5 teams, but that doesn't do much for the casual fan, especially if you aren't regularly beating them. Now, if you do regularly beat those teams perhaps you get a shot 20 years down the road at a P5 conference... maybe....probably not though and then what do you do?

Best case scenario: p5/g5 split. G5 gets its own playoff. Upper FCS moves up to participate and NDSU wins at that level as well. IMHO G5 is kinda like being an Ivy school. Same level of competition with no championship eligibility.
    Drops the mic and leaves the room
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post

We lose recruiting advantage if we move up.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Haven't been on the site for a few weeks. Then I find this thread. I must have Bison Fatigue.

Panther Fatigue is even worse, but Cyclone Fever is still strong.

Take a look at this video released by our Athletic Director this week (with news that was released two weeks ago). Skip to the 40 minute mark. The first 25 minutes is us trying to feel good about the performances of our teams and the next 15 minutes is warning us of the re-indexing to come.

Remember the grass that your Alumni Association stole from us? Making me move from our traditional tailgating location (still bitter)! Never again. In the future, that spot will be a hotel!

https://vimeo.com/360346066/4bb61dc1...7209_147109815

Here is a short video of the proposed development.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...um/2350883001/

FYI, this will displace 90% of our RV tailgaters, but we trust our AD to give us something even better just east of the stadium, even though he hasn't commented publicly about what will happen to us.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016