Page 46 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    its called the Bison Plateau.... Craig Bohl said it at his Wyoming press conference as did Chris Klieman.

"there's nothing else left to accomplish at NDSU, we've been wildly successful & won 95% of the time" 115-8 = 94% to be exact.

so yea, there is bison fatigue, ive witnessed it the most last year and this year. bandwagon is having fans fall off, they might still be NDSU fans, but we do need something to ignite the fire again.
    Chapo is right- academically.

the law of decreasing marginal utility is an observable phenomenon that invades virtually every phase of life. Have a new toy? do you like it EXACTLY as much as you did the day you bought it? probably not. That new car? probably thought it was vastly more special the day you brought it home than you do now. Did you beat Northern Iowa this year? Does it feel as special as in 2011 at the dome? nope. Beat EWU in the championship? was it really as special for the school as the 1st one against SHSU? not really.

I'm not arguing that these things today arent special- THEY ARE! But it is a fact of human nature that you value something less and less over time, or as you collect more of that thing.

Dont twist my words into saying that I am justifying empty student sections etc, I'm just saying that it shouldnt be a surprise to anyone that there is marginally less "buzz" today than when we BURST onto the scene in 2011-2013ish
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

So now we have someone blaming the students for their own lethargy??

A college football team is not a toy, who do think you are writing to???

I can tell you this, every win we get this year is damn special to Matt Entz and every one of his players.

The slimy drivel you are spewing is not academic, nor is it scientific, it's putrid human pride. So F-off. If you and the others like you aren't stimulated enough then maybe there is something seriously wrong with your very own soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Speak for yourself. There are several hundred thousand Bison football fans around the world and believe me, they are NOT! sick of winning. Some of the most faithful don't attend games because their old, or live out of state or abroad. The rabid fans from the Ron Erhardt and Jim Wacker days.

The Bison don't need to do anything to spark a new fire, that is totally up to the individual. Maybe you should become a Miami Dolphin fan like me. Then.....see how much you appreciate the BIZZZZON!!!!!
    Several hundred thousand Bison fans? Lol If so, then where are the plans for an expanded or new stadium? I mean 5 years ago they talked of a minimal expansion, maybe 1500 more seats, real suites at top of West side, and where has that gone? If you told any other FCS team they would win the next 7 of 8 nattys they would likely start construction on doubling their capacity right away. For NDSU leadership to sit on this is sad. So what will be new for NDSU......assumimg more nattys......a bigger trophy case?

Fargodome expansion is the responsibility of the city and all costs are borne by them. Take it up with them.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Fargodome expansion is the responsibility of the city and all costs are borne by them. Take it up with them.
    I'd disagree with all costs are borne by City. NDSU paid for the locker room renos and adding coaches offices and the turf. Anything to expand the capacity they're going to expect NDSU to help out as for the cities and Domes purposes minus NDSU football what they have works and works well. City response can simply be what does NDSU need/want and how much can you pitch in then things will get moving. That said I still think things are moving behind the scenes. The renovation maintenance fund that the dome had took a hit with the stock market fallout in 2007/2008 but definitely should be back up again. As we see them doing lots of little things. The next little thing I could see is them taking out that north end zone press box that is just gathering dust. Don't think anyone even uses that anymore except the TV cameras but they could easily still work that into taking that box out and keeping a camera spot up there still.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    So now we have someone blaming the students for their own lethargy??

A college football team is not a toy, who do think you are writing to???

I can tell you this, every win we get this year is damn special to Matt Entz and every one of his players.

The slimy drivel you are spewing is not academic, nor is it scientific, it's putrid human pride. So F-off. If you and the others like you aren't stimulated enough then maybe there is something seriously wrong with your very own soul.
    Alright buddy step off the ledge.

There are so many things wrong about your response, it's completely incoherent.

1. We all know that the wins are special to us, Matt Entz and the players. Literally no one suggested that they arent.
    2. If you have evidence to suggest that the law of decreasing marginal utility doesnt exist, I'm more than open to hearing to what you have to say- but dont accuse me of spewing slimy drivel and tell me to F*ck off because you dont like the fact that this human behavior has been observed since the beginning of time.
    3. Accusing me that my SOUL is deficient because the student section isnt always full is JUST A BIT OF A STRETCH
    4. Also pretending that I'm not stimulated by the football team seems strange considering I'm a donor and going to more games this year than ever before and pay monthly fees to access media coverage of the team.

Seek help
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

i hope we do NONE of that other shit that is already incorporated into other programs like crowd unison claps that they do in REAL football, or cornfed cheerleaders leading cheers of letters in each corner - we're our own school with our own traditions, lets just keep with checkerboard colored seating and wave with pom-pons, and then maybe add in like a gator chomp to the tune of Jump Around in our 12th Man (& Woman- settle, I included both) of a Dome. Additionally, since were being progressive and adding shit, lets get fucking beer sold during games so that when the cameras pan to the audience we dont look like daydreaming zombies midway through the first quarter.
    (alright, getting back off the floor and onto my barstool now)
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    i hope we do NONE of that other shit that is already incorporated into other programs like crowd unison claps that they do in REAL football, or cornfed cheerleaders leading cheers of letters in each corner - we're our own school with our own traditions, lets just keep with checkerboard colored seating and wave with pom-pons, and then maybe add in like a gator chomp to the tune of Jump Around in our 12th Man (& Woman- settle, I included both) of a Dome. Additionally, since were being progressive and adding shit, lets get fucking beer sold during games so that when the cameras pan to the audience we dont look like daydreaming zombies midway through the first quarter.
    (alright, getting back off the floor and onto my barstool now)
    yes, good idea, lets get rid of the Marching band- as we were not even close to the first School with a marching band. lets axe the cheer team- definitely werent the first there...

Lets ditch the intro video- we were WAAAAY behind the curve there, people have been doing intro videos for decades before NDSU, so thats trash, obviously. Lets-go-bison chant? Gone- not our idea.

And the home of the BISON? scrap that too - total horse Sh*t. We didnt come up with it.

Yelling loudly on third down? HA... not anymore.

Shooting the boom after a touchdown? Say goodbye to that, Other teams have been making loud noises after touchdowns 50 YEARS before us.

SCRAP IT ALL, you unoriginal Bastards. You make me SICK
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    yes, good idea, lets get rid of the Marching band- as we were not even close to the first School with a marching band. lets axe the cheer team- definitely werent the first there...

Lets ditch the intro video- we were WAAAAY behind the curve there, people have been doing intro videos for decades before NDSU, so thats trash, obviously. Lets-go-bison chant? Gone- not our idea.

And the home of the BISON? scrap that too - total horse Sh*t. We didnt come up with it.

Yelling loudly on third down? HA... not anymore.

Shooting the boom after a touchdown? Say goodbye to that, Other teams have been making loud noises after touchdowns 50 YEARS before us.

SCRAP IT ALL, you unoriginal Bastards. You make me SICK
    Showing the Horns? ... the list could go on.

I look up videos/pictures of 5-6 years ago and the crowd is louder, people are drunker , the horny bison tailgate aren't in depends and the women look better
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Showing the Horns? ... the list could go on.

I look up videos/pictures of 5-6 years ago and the crowd is louder, people are drunker , the horny bison tailgate aren't in depends and the women look better
    The Frisco Cruiser still came out...the list goes on an on.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]