Page 116 of 302 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

Until that happens I will enjoy the hell out of whats going on right now because stuff like this doesnt happen very often.
    Exactly. Every morning I wake up and (eventually) think how lucky I am to be a Bison fan. Every season for the last decade or so, NDSU has done one or more simply astounding things - and you'd think that the 1980's and 1990 would be all that any fan could ever dream of. Now, NDSU is in the process of making even more history and people claim to be bored.

Some people talk about how awful the mid-90s to early 2000's were.... bitches, please. NDSU was winning 70% of their games but to hear people talk about NDSU was 2-9 every year. The FargoDome had all the atmosphere of a Moscow airport terminal in which cheering would get you the "we'd-like-to-you-to-come-with-us-to-a-backroom" experience.

If we want a decent FBS conference, we need to improve and enlarge everything at NDSU but the football program.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    That and when the likes of Toledo come rolling into town the intensity of the crowd is going to be much different. If someone chooses to sit on their ass and not come to games now I doubt that would change.
    Whore the team out to p5 2 for 1s. Any p5 school coming to fargo for football is right up there with a national championship...unless youre in the boat that after 4 or 5 they kinda wear off of importance from a fans stand point.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Exactly. Every morning I wake up and (eventually) think how lucky I am to be a Bison fan. Every season for the last decade or so, NDSU has done one or more simply astounding things - and you'd think that the 1980's and 1990 would be all that any fan could ever dream of. Now, NDSU is in the process of making even more history and people claim to be bored.

Some people talk about how awful the mid-90s to early 2000's were.... bitches, please. NDSU was winning 70% of their games but to hear people talk about NDSU was 2-9 every year. The FargoDome had all the atmosphere of a Moscow airport terminal in which cheering would get you the "we'd-like-to-you-to-come-with-us-to-a-backroom" experience.
    Ill tell you this...outside of JMU, there isnt a national team that can compete with NDSU.

If GSU, App, ODU, CCU etc all stayed put, itd make the FCS bearable.

Montana back on the upswing helps but they still have a lot to prove.

When sdsu comes to fargo, again these playoffs, will just be the same damn outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

Until that happens I will enjoy the hell out of whats going on right now because stuff like this doesnt happen very often.
    I'm there with ya. Growing up in the 80's I thought NDSU would always be in the mix for championships...not winning every year, but a real contender most years. After a 20 year drought...without even a home playoff game...I'm not taking this for granted. I also look to Northern Colorado's move to FCS...they were on top and didn't have the pieces in place and they have been stuck in mediocrity ever since. If/when NDSU has the pieces in place, I support the move. Until then, I am very happy to enjoy the continued success.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I'd guess 20% max.
    I'd say he's right that over 50% would like us to move up if it made economic sense. I think your estimate may be extremely high at 20% of the question is "do we move up at any cost, including going as an independent"

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I'm there with ya. Growing up in the 80's I thought NDSU would always be in the mix for championships...not winning every year, but a real contender most years. After a 20 year drought...without even a home playoff game...I'm not taking this for granted. I also look to Northern Colorado's move to FCS...they were on top and didn't have the pieces in place and they have been stuck in mediocrity ever since. If/when NDSU has the pieces in place, I support the move. Until then, I am very happy to enjoy the continued success.
    Well said, TAB. Could have not possibly said it better. Further, the game is only part of the experience.....let's not forget that and way more fun than hanging at home watching a B1G game.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Well said, TAB. Could have not possibly said it better. Further, the game is only part of the experience.....let's not forget that and why more fun than hanging at home watching a B1G game.
    Just watching the game vs tailgating and then the game...yeah, that's a hard choice...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

there for sure is a noticeable drop off of ticket demand. a couple years ago you were looking at $100 a seat on the secondary market or trying to get tickets every Friday morning and getting shut out. last couple games have been tons of people who cant even find buyers at face value or at all. For sure the first 2 playoff games will not be full unless we get SDSU or UND. I for one skip those as well since they are guaranteed monster wins and save money for the Semi final which is really the best game all year.. I paid 125 each for last row tix last year nd was happy to get in.

Things are very different from the 80's - You think any HS star in Florida or even Omaha knew who the Bison were or they were any good? now with ESPN and social media and Especially Carson Wentz, all these kids know and if you aren't solid G5 material its the only place to go.. why would you go to another FCS school that wins 1 title a decade now? so I just don't see us dropping off..

in all reality we keep getting better long after most college dynasties of 3-4 years have dropped off.. just look at our QBs over the last decade.. all of them have top end P5 talent..

Just watching the game vs tailgating and then the game...yeah, that's a hard choice...
    Hell, last tailgate I was at, we watched MN/Penn St in the tailgate lot! Flippin' blast.