Page 193 of 302 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

I have suspected for most of the year that the ticket dealers or “professional” ticket scalpers have caught on to the general popularity of the FCS championship game. They have seen how the resale market has been profitable the last few years and gotten onboard just like they do with any major event they have confidence will sell out. Some of this theory is based on how strong the re-sale market was and the quantity of tickets listed on both Stubhub and Flashtickets all year, more than usual. Years back that didn't heat up until closer to game time.

I completely agree with the last poster that the quantity of tickets is still very strong and prices will continue to fall if people wait. The pros also know their tickets are worth nothing post kick-off, but they tend to have a little stronger stomach to hold out longer than your standard fan trying to dump some because his buddy backed out.

Quote Originally Posted by civilguy View Post
    I’ll have to agree with El Chapo. Will be interesting coming this Monday or a Tuesday.
    Right now I see a Ton of tickets way over priced. Was even on the NCAA website and there’s tons and even a lot of the Experience Box seats. Way over priced but they’re there.

I’ll bet by Friday you’ll see a lot at half price.

If you’re looking for tickets still just hold tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ticket demand in Frisco is definitely down from what it was two years ago but it'll still be a packed house. That's the benefit of having an undersized stadium I guess. I had little doubt that us along with JMU could've packed a 30k seat stadium 2 years ago. This year the venue is probably about right sized based on demand... maybe a bit too small with the decreased seating capacity from the endzone renovation.

As has been the case all year though this phenomenon isn't something specific to NDSU and in fact is less of an issue here than it is in Harrisonburg. 2 years ago JMU sold out their allotment of 5500 with no issues. This year they had to solicit some people low down the totem pole in their booster club to sell their 4000 ticket allotment. NDSU's allotment dried up somewhere between #800 and #1200 on a priority ranking scale... still well above where the minimum donation donors were at. And that was with a crap ton more NDSU fans buying tickets in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Ticket demand in Frisco is definitely down from what it was two years ago but it'll still be a packed house. That's the benefit of having an undersized stadium I guess. I had little doubt that us along with JMU could've packed a 30k seat stadium 2 years ago. This year the venue is probably about right sized based on demand... maybe a bit too small with the decreased seating capacity from the endzone renovation.

As has been the case all year though this phenomenon isn't something specific to NDSU and in fact is less of an issue here than it is in Harrisonburg. 2 years ago JMU sold out their allotment of 5500 with no issues. This year they had to solicit some people low down the totem pole in their booster club to sell their 4000 ticket allotment. NDSU's allotment dried up somewhere between #800 and #1200 on a priority ranking scale... still well above where the minimum donation donors were at. And that was we with a crap ton more NDSU fans buying tickets in August.
    JMU had 10k at their semifinal game. Like you said if people think the FargoDome is bad they should go to a game somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by FredAhhh10 View Post
    I have suspected for most of the year that the ticket dealers or “professional” ticket scalpers have caught on to the general popularity of the FCS championship game. They have seen how the resale market has been profitable the last few years and gotten onboard just like they do with any major event they have confidence will sell out. Some of this theory is based on how strong the re-sale market was and the quantity of tickets listed on both Stubhub and Flashtickets all year, more than usual. Years back that didn't heat up until closer to game time.

I completely agree with the last poster that the quantity of tickets is still very strong and prices will continue to fall if people wait. The pros also know their tickets are worth nothing post kick-off, but they tend to have a little stronger stomach to hold out longer than your standard fan trying to dump some because his buddy backed out.
    Yes. I buy morning of the game every year. Our group of 8-10 is pretty flexible on seating arrangements and prices go waaay down. The start of the prices marching downward is the opening up of SRO tickets, this year that’s Jan 6. Tickets on the low end of the spectrum have been cheap this year and still there haven’t been many gobbling them up. Tickets will be cheap cheap cheap this year.

For those getting thrown off by the tickets being posted for $500+. Those scalpers also have tickets likely towards the bottom of the spectrum. They are trying to manipulate buyers’ thoughts on 1) where the market stands price-wise, and 2) trying to make affordable tickets appear scarce.

It’s the same thing as walking into Macy’s suit section. Every suit is listed at $400 but is always 50% off. The suits aren’t worth more than $200 but damn everyone thinks they’re getting a steal.

and it exploded today.

over 40 tickets on NDSU fb ticket exchange site in last 12 hours

even saw row 8 for $80/ticket.

there will be empty seats, I think alot of people bought in August, then put in for 4 with teammakers and doubled up . just a thought
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    and it exploded today.

there will be empty seats, I think alot of people bought in August, then put in for 4 with teammakers and doubled up . just a thought
    don’t know about lots of empty seats but I suspect you are correct that many of the end zone seats were safety purchases in the event school allotment did not reach to their respective levels. Of course, tickets on the NCAA exchange could also be folks whose team did not survive playoffs. Plus, life happens and not everyone that planned to go in August can now travel. Lots of reasons and possibilities.
    On the other hand I know of folks that are casual Bison fans (football fans!) here in OK that are planning to go as a last minute plan.

and it exploded today.

Well then it's a good thing we don't play in some crappy bowl game then. If we can't dominate ticket sales in Frisco, it will be far worse at some bottom of the barrel bowl.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Well then it's a good thing we don't play in some crappy bowl game then. If we can't dominate ticket sales in Frisco, it will be far worse at some bottom of the barrel bowl.
    Prices really dropping. Just got 2 in section 109 for 90.00 each with no fees. Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    plenty of great bowl games, NDSU fanbase travelling would be a great story.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

plenty of great bowl games, NDSU fanbase travelling would be a great story.
    Call me when we get to the Rose Bowl. Otherwise, I ain't interested.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA