Page 132 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Rumor has it they are getting tougher and tougher to get rid of these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    True that but I've already told both kids they're leaving the house the August after they graduate HS. They both had some concerns with that, told them trust me by that time you get to that age you'll probably want to leave because I'll be embarrassing you in front of your friends. Gotta nip it in the bud right away! [emoji3]

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    This is about 100% chance of never happening, but for those that want to continue to talk about Bison Fatigue. I have a question for you. If your favorite professional sports team won as much as the Bison do, would you stop watching them????
    If the Vikings went on a tear like New England has the last 20 years, itd be awesome. But pro sports are on a different level of playing field vs FCS football. If your pro team is bad, youre awarded with good draft picks and a chance to get a franchise QB. Theres billions thrown around by pud teams. Glitzy new stadiums. Everything in the NFL can change on a dime. Look at SF, from the 2 overall pick to being in the drivers seat for #1 seed in the NFC in 1 year.

Compare that to NDSU/rest of FCS, particularly the poorer pud conferences. A SF type turn around by someone like Samford or EKU or SeLA isnt likely going to happen. Whoever wins the pud, gets shipped here just to lose by 5+ TDs. Ive made this comparison before but NDSU is playing this division of football like the NCAA football game on freshman mode. Or Madden football on rookie. Theyre just too good. Few teams can make the game close for 4 qtrs. The SIU game was the most interesting game since the SDSU game. I guess you can say Sacramento state is a turn around team...but if they come to Fargo, are you expecting anything less than a 21+ pt bison win, especially after a week of talk saying this is the the best qb we've seen, best receivers blahblahblah.

I still watch and root for Ndsu, obviously. But like to many others, life happens and i now have 2 youngsters under 5 and a wife with a business that often has her working on gameday. No shes not a hooker. Very few times the last 2 years have i gotten close to being unable to sell my 2 season tickets but definitely the non und and homecoming games were toughest to even get my money back. Fatigue? Tough harvest? Family obligations? Dunno.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    If the Vikings went on a tear like New England has the last 20 years, itd be awesome. But pro sports are on a different level of playing field vs FCS football. If your pro team is bad, youre awarded with good draft picks and a chance to get a franchise QB. Theres billions thrown around by pud teams. Glitzy new stadiums. Everything in the NFL can change on a dime. Look at SF, from the 2 overall pick to being in the drivers seat for #1 seed in the NFC in 1 year.

Compare that to NDSU/rest of FCS, particularly the poorer pud conferences. A SF type turn around by someone like Samford or EKU or SeLA isnt likely going to happen. Whoever wins the pud, gets shipped here just to lose by 5+ TDs. Ive made this comparison before but NDSU is playing this division of football like the NCAA football game on freshman mode. Or Madden football on rookie. Theyre just too good. Few teams can make the game close for 4 qtrs. The SIU game was the most interesting game since the SDSU game. I guess you can say Sacramento state is a turn around team...but if they come to Fargo, are you expecting anything less than a 21+ pt bison win, especially after a week of talk saying this is the the best qb we've seen, best receivers blahblahblah.

I still watch and root for Ndsu, obviously. But like to many others, life happens and i now have 2 youngsters under 5 and a wife with a business that often has her working on gameday. No shes not a hooker. Very few times the last 2 years have i gotten close to being unable to sell my 2 season tickets but definitely the non und and homecoming games were toughest to even get my money back. Fatigue? Tough harvest? Family obligations? Dunno.
    Things that don't change playing in a G5 conference.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Im just finding out that I have a crafty wife and it's craft show season.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    so that accounts for what, 5%? 10%? im just curious.. not being a smartass..
    I'd say at least 10% it also probably accounts for a lot of secondary market tickets not being sold as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah barely any of the Ag community that's why we have the Peterson Farm Seed sideline report, Proseed commercials every break and Ag Country Farm services.

Oh yeah, and a whole game dedicated to the Ag community.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yeah barely any of the Ag community that's why we have the Peterson Farm Seed sideline report, Proseed commercials every break and Ag Country Farm services.

Oh yeah, and a whole game dedicated to the Ag community.
    Let's not forget, I'm still convinced those timeouts in the corner are 3 little soybeans.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Im just finding out that I have a crafty wife and it's craft show season.
    Hack her Pinterest and delete the account.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    You would throw them out into the mean streets of Harwood?
    Harwood, Horace...even Hoople

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Things that don't change playing in a G5 conference.
    Opponents change. Motivation changes. Seeing a p5 opponent at home instead of western carolina changes.