Page 203 of 302 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Also, as hard as it may be, we would have to recruit Montana and try to get a few kids from there. Lots of talent but awfully hard to get kids from going to Montana and Montana St. As an FBS program, we may be able to get a couple. The Mountain West school do get some kids from Montana.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Also, as hard as it may be, we would have to recruit Montana and try to get a few kids from there. Lots of talent but awfully hard to get kids from going to Montana and Montana St. As an FBS program, we may be able to get a couple. The Mountain West school do get some kids from Montana.
    Being in Mountain West puts NDSU into Denver/Vegas/Arizona market as well. Should be able to hit Texas/Florida more as well.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Being in Mountain West puts NDSU into Denver/Vegas/Arizona market as well. Should be able to hit Texas/Florida more as well.
    Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves here. Just talking about recruiting and what would need to happen with the program stationed in Fargo. Let’s not get into the conference talk quite yet.

Yes I’m fully aware of the fact that we are talking about our recruiting being in the FBS of which we are currently are not in so in a sense we are getting too ahead of ourselves. I don’t even know anymore. Carry on.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

But also takes us out of the Wisconsin, Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Omaha, and somewhat Minneapolis markets. Could still get Texas and Florida either way. Geographically MAC is significantly better than MWC. Especially as you get into the non football/basketball sports. But neither is good geographically which is one of the reasons the Bison are where they are. I know both the alumni association and athletic department much preferred the MVFC/Summit move better than a Big Sky move at the time specifically from a geography standpoint.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    But also takes us out of the Wisconsin, Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Omaha, and somewhat Minneapolis markets. Could still get Texas and Florida either way. Geographically MAC is significantly better than MWC. Especially as you get into the non football/basketball sports. But neither is good geographically which is one of the reasons the Bison are where they are. I know both the alumni association and athletic department much preferred the MVFC/Summit move better than a Big Sky move at the time specifically from a geography standpoint.
    Indeed, the reach (travel distance) of the Big Sky is huge from Missoula to Arizona but without the allure of such gems as Terre Haute, Fort Wayne, or Macomb.
    Insert something clever here...

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just hate the idea of getting into the MAC. That conference is almost perfectly covered in B1G country. Having lived in Michigan for awhile, I just remember never hearing about Central/Western/Eastern Michigan or Ball State, even though they were very nearby. They're all suitcase colleges. Nobody stays there on the weekends/summers. For much of the time that I lived there, I actually believed that they were 1AA because of the complete lack of impact that they seemingly made on the regional college sports scene. But maybe something's changed since the late 90's...
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I just hate the idea of getting into the MAC. That conference is almost perfectly covered in B1G country. Having lived in Michigan for awhile, I just remember never hearing about Central/Western/Eastern Michigan or Ball State, even though they were very nearby. They're all suitcase colleges. Nobody stays there on the weekends/summers. For much of the time that I lived there, I actually believed that they were 1AA because of the complete lack of impact that they seemingly made on the regional college sports scene. But maybe something's changed since the late 90's...
    Great location but that’s about it. Could suffer through it for 3-5 and move to another conference if possible. Then, depending on a lot of variables, would a possible Big XII invite happen. If it still exists by then. Holding my breath will not happen.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

if NDSU is FBS we scoop the top 3-4 recruits at UNI SDSU usd, etc and bite into many many more Minn/Iowa/Wisc lower end recruits
    Who knew so many recruits would prefer to play for a middling FBS team rather than compete for a national championship with an FCS team? Maybe it will go the other way and NDSU will lose top recruits because they want to play for national championships with an FCS team!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Who knew so many recruits would prefer to play for a middling FBS team rather than compete for a national championship with an FCS team? Maybe it will go the other way and NDSU will lose top recruits because they want to play for national championships with an FCS team!
    We would at least beat out the cyclones in 70% of head to head recruiting battles
    TRUST THE PROCESS

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    We would at least beat out the cyclones in 70% of head to head recruiting battles

Right, Bison beat Cyclones. That was established long ago on the field and in the tailgate lots.

My point was that some of your great recruiting now is because you are always competing for (and winning) national championships. Perhaps you think you will immediately be doing the same in FBS. If not, then you may actually lose some recruits because they are attracted to your winning tradition. Nobody in FBS has it like you do. And I think you won't have it either in FBS.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016