Page 245 of 302 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    What is this certain type of person?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    One who wants benefits and a full retirement.

Lardsin must go!

Most government workers, at any level, are not political appointees. They should be hired based on their skill and competency level.

I agree. Unfortunately we both know that's not always the case and not just for government workers either.

Back on topic. I am not down to face value on my seats for UNI, and still can't sell them. My how times change.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Back on topic. I am not down to face value on my seats for UNI, and still can't sell them. My how times change.
    All the student tickets are sold out, all of the advance tickets were sold out, and they stopped selling standing room tickets yesterday. Stub Hub had less than 200 total tickets

This morning at 830 am they put the returned UNI seats on sale and a few super high up tickets. As if a few minutes ago there are less than 200

Once we sell those, which have only been on sale for a half hour, I think every last ticket might be sold

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    To trust any form of a government worker, universities included, as competent and knowledgable is a mistake. Sometimes they are not, and often political and other motives make their decisions questionable. Not sure ML and DB really care where NDSU will be in five years as they will be elsewhere by then.
    Yup!.

To ignore that individuals are ambitious in nature and are self preserving in nature, is to ignore all of human history. We are all biased to preserve our own best interest.

Often times this means we take risks we shouldnt and other times, it means we do what is safest, not what is best.

Based on past decisions, I WOuld trust Gene Taylor in this situation soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more than ML in this situation. I dont think ML wants to upset the apple cart. Just wants to keep collecting his safe and cushy paycheck, by continuing to change nothing, and take no risks. If he can ride the coatails of Gt, and just complete the objectives that were already on paper when GT left, ML can pretend to take credit for them, and then move on to another even safer, and even cushier paycheck- without ever having to put his neck on the line for any tough decisions.

Its honestly remarkable he has a job in leadership. Truly remarkable.
    I've met him and he has been completely polite to me- at the bare minimum level. I think we all know that GT didnt even know the definition of "the bare minimum", as he so routinely went above and beyond, which is why he was nabbed up by schools who actually care about sports.

Completely honest question here: Why is Matt Larsen uniquely qualified to be our AD besides the fact that he was the AD a shittier school beforehand that never once cared if their football program was excellent or terrible?? Im searching for the metal testing decisions he has made in his career and cant find any. GT's resume is littered with them. ML's job is the equivalent of Steve Kerr's. you show up, and you succeed to literally no credit of your own, and win national championships.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Oh come on, that’s a bit stereotypical don’t you think? Is it ok to use the same type of logic and claim it’s no secret that a certain type of person wants to work on the police force? There are good and bad in all professions.
    You are both correct.

the military, police force, silicon valley, teachers, higher education, mainstream media, fox news, Texans, Californians, journalists etc etc etc. ALL HAVE A CERTAIN TYPE OF PEOPLE.

To pretend otherwise, is to ignore reality and all available data, and all of American history. Enough with the pearl clutching if "your team" gets called out for their bias. Its okay if you have a bias, just admit it. The problem is when you cleeeeeeeeeeeeearly have a bias on "your team", but just pretend you dont- thats when it becomes dishonest, and honestly, evil.

What is more honest? a liberal or conservative news site that tells you specifically what perspective they are coming from? Or the "objective news media" like Fox or MSNBC and CNN, who had virtually all 100% of their employees vote for one candidate, but then they try and tell you that they are just "objective truth tellers with no bias at all"?

Of course the Government has a certain type of worker- just as all those other things have their certain type of people.
    you have to be such a fragile mind for this to offend you.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    You are both correct.

the military, police force, silicon valley, teachers, higher education, mainstream media, fox news, Texans, Californians, journalists etc etc etc. ALL HAVE A CERTAIN TYPE OF PEOPLE.

To pretend otherwise, is to ignore reality and all available data, and all of American history. Enough with the pearl clutching if "your team" gets called out for their bias. Its okay if you have a bias, just admit it. The problem is when you cleeeeeeeeeeeeearly have a bias on "your team", but just pretend you dont- thats when it becomes dishonest, and honestly, evil.

What is more honest? a liberal or conservative news site that tells you specifically what perspective they are coming from? Or the "objective news media" like Fox or MSNBC and CNN, who had virtually all 100% of their employees vote for one candidate, but then they try and tell you that they are just "objective truth tellers with no bias at all"?

Of course the Government has a certain type of worker- just as all those other things have their certain type of people.
    There are different forms of government in this country. One of them, the Federal one, is the largest employer in the land.

Do you really think that such an entity has “a” certain type of worker?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

You are both correct.

That was a lot of words that said nothing. If there is a type, you should be able to list attributes.

Scottie narrowed government workers as those who want benefits and retirement. I find it a bit strange those would be things not sought in the private sector, but apparently not.

There must be more to this certain type than just that.

hahah found the fragile minds

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    There are different forms of government in this country. One of them, the Federal one, is the largest employer in the land.

Do you really think that such an entity has “a” certain type of worker?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. Surely youre not suggesting that the Federal government is immune from bias?

That was a lot of words that said nothing. If there is a type, you should be able to list attributes.

Scottie narrowed government workers as those who want benefits and retirement. I find it a bit strange those would be things not sought in the private sector, but apparently not.

There must be more to this certain type than just that.

Ok lol. Stating that there are industries with clear biases based on all available data- and youre just like "nope. Bias doesnt exist. No observable trends in any of these fields, politically, culturally, nothing! No trends, biases, preferences, beliefs at all in any industry. Well, except for the news organizations that YOU like. Those ones are totally biased, but not the ones that I like!"

Nice argument- really convincing. You totally didnt just prove my point at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

hahah found the fragile minds

Yes. Surely youre not suggesting that the Federal government is immune from bias?

Ok lol. Stating that there are industries with clear biases based on all available data- and youre just like "nope. Bias doesnt exist. No observable trends in any of these fields, politically, culturally, nothing! No trends, biases, preferences, beliefs at all in any industry. Well, except for the news organizations that YOU like. Those ones are totally biased, but not the ones that I like!"

Nice argument- really convincing. You totally didnt just prove my point at all.
    You still haven't said anything. The only one showing bias is you. My mind isn't fragile, it was curious because I served with many people with just as many reasons for serving. There wasn't a certain type. You are the one stating there is a type but haven't listed the attributes, just mumbling about biases. To me, your mind is not only fragile, it's weak. Just say what you want to say or admit you really don't know what the fuck you are saying.