Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 JMU Players Suspended for FCS Title Game

Default 7 JMU Players Suspended for FCS Title Game

HARRISONBURG – The James Madison University football program has suspended seven players, according to the school’s athletic department.

The suspensions occur as James Madison prepares to play for its second NCAA FCS championship. On Jan. 7, the Dukes face Youngstown State in Frisco, Texas.

On Monday, JMU football coach Mike Houston said he would have no further comment and would not elaborate on the nature of the offenses that led to the suspensions.
    https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news...yers-suspended
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: 7 JMU Players Suspended for FCS Title Game

Wow. .
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Troubling to see this many suspensions on both teams in the Championship this year.

Default 7 JMU Players Suspended for FCS Title Game

So cheating teams get to play for the Natty, including the one that beat us. I thought they seemed a bit strong and aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    So cheating teams get to play for the Natty, including the one that beat us. I thought they seemed a bit strong and aggressive.

Looks like it. I am sure the NCAA and FCS committe can spin this like a top.
    Disappointing
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

So thy have 7 suspended. They said 2 didnt play and they named them. So I guess the other 5 did play even though they knew there were issues?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Good to know that if either Youngstown or James Madison win the championship this year, their win will have a huge asterisk in my book. Sure, these players aren't playing in the championship...but they played in all the games that put them in this place. If I was a player of any team that was in the playoffs, I would be extremely angry.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, we don't know what the suspensions are for yet. If they are for pot, no big deal in my book. If they are for PEDs, it's absolutely ridiculous the process allows them to play a game after being caught.

I don't know about JMU, but I do know cheating is just business as usual for a championship Youngstown team.

Wow now that pisses me off. I have no problem loosing fair and square but loosing to cheaters sucks. Talk about a tainted championship.

We don't know if the suspensions were due to PEDs though, do we?