Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: High Point Tournament 11/18-11/20

Default Re: High Point Tournament 11/18-11/20

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    The problem with UNC Greensboro wasn't the weave, it's that the weave is an offense to be played against man to man defense. UNCG went zone on us and the guys looked lost, there was no flow, nobody was moving, we just threw the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock wound down and then forced a shot or turned it over. We had a nice stretch in the 2nd half after Dylan Miller came in where guys were driving and cutting to the right places and the offense looked good, then at the end of the game Paul Miller had a chance to get us close but couldn't get some shots to fall. The guys just didn't look prepared to play against a zone defense, hopefully going forward they'll adjust quicker and won't dig such a hole. If you want proof the weave works just look at yesterdays game, I don't mind the offense but it doesn't work against zone which is where we got caught.

The best part about the weekend is it seems we have settled into a nice 9 man rotation with Samuelson available as a 10th if we have guard foul trouble or an injury at all. Right now it seems like Eliason has the back up minutes at the 5 in the first half and Dylan Miller in the 2nd half. I thought Dylan played a little better than Spencer this weekend but both played very well, that's the only spot that seems a little unsettled yet. Good problem to have and frankly one we haven't had in a long time, big man depth is huge over the length of a season.
    Imho, the key to beating a zone is to penetrate the seams and pass out of it or preferably pull up for mid range jump shots which is a lost art.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Default Re: High Point Tournament 11/18-11/20

Impressive win over High Point. Clemson only beat High Point by 9