Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oklahoma Dual 11/20

Default Re: Oklahoma Dual 11/20

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I tried today also lasted a minute and a half. If there was a sport at NDSU that I could care less if they cut this is it.

Wrestling has the potential to be one the most consistently successful sports at NDSU.

I tried today also lasted a minute and a half. If there was a sport at NDSU that I could care less if they cut this is it.
    Bucky pushed for the endowment of the program many years ago. I don't know it is fully endowed yet, but it has to be close.

Plus, if NDSU cuts wrestling, think of how much money not only NDSU looses, but the city of Fargo will too if we (USAW) had to pull the Junior/Cadet National Championships because the school doesn't support wrestling. I don't know what the exact dollar amount would be today, but according to the Fargo-Moorhead CVB in 1997, the tournament was predicted to bring in $7 to $9 million dollars to the F-M area.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 11-21-2016 at 08:52 PM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

And wrestling rules over all other sports

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Bucky pushed for the endowment of the program many years ago. I don't know it is fully endowed yet, but it has to be close.

Plus, if NDSU cuts wrestling, think of how much money not only NDSU looses, but the city of Fargo will too if we (USAW) had to pull the Junior/Cadet National Championships because the school doesn't support wrestling. I don't know what the exact dollar amount would be today, but according to the Fargo-Moorhead CVB in 1997, the tournament was predicted to bring in $7 to $9 million dollars to the F-M area.
    All good and valid points, I am trying to open my sports mind and schedule to fit in wrestling. Just will take me time to become fanatic about it. The hard work those student athletes put in are just as hard as all student athletes and should be supported for that effort.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

Ya with its endowment there is no way it would be cut nor should it be. It is just not one that I enjoy watching. I hope it sells out the SHAC though and brings in a bunch of money to the Athletic department.

Ya with its endowment there is no way it would be cut nor should it be. It is just not one that I enjoy watching. I hope it sells out the SHAC though and brings in a bunch of money to the Athletic department.
    I came to NDSU last year with no previous college wrestling experience. It is just not a thing in the south where I'm from. But I found it pretty easy to get into it at NDSU duals and I even followed the NCAA's last year.