Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Dual 11/20

Default Re: Oklahoma Dual 11/20

Don't forget, 200pm Central time on FSN. TLLJr said thats channel 27 on Midco and it's channel 668 on Direct TV

Is Josh fun to watch, or what?

I never wrestled in high school or was a wrestling fan. I am watching today. See if you gain a new fan.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I never wrestled in high school or was a wrestling fan. I am watching today. See if you gain a new fan.
    I tried today also lasted a minute and a half. If there was a sport at NDSU that I could care less if they cut this is it.

fanatic. why post that?

ndsu Wrestling is the ONLY sport at NDSU with the balls to "Bring on the competition" and move up into a big time conference !
    a

good Wrestling. need ream to win this
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Man, Friedman was right there with Jeffries...controlled the ties all match and had a great chance to take the lead late, but wound up on his back instead

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Me too. Great watching this on FSN.

Glad to see McNutt pull that one out...but I imagine he's going to hear it from the staff. You cannot give up an escape and takedown in the last 11 seconds of a period.

Big Test for Eaton here

Decent performance today. It was a winnable dual, but things had to go about really well.
    HWT- Just not a good matchup for Tynan.
    125- Rodriguez looked great. 125 is super deep, but Josh is in the mix for an AA spot
    133- The performance at 133 has been really bad so far. 2nd semester should be much better with Sykora in there
    141- I thought Nein wrestled pretty well. He just needs more experience in scramble situations. It is a HUUUUUGE jump from ND HS wrestling to D1, and I thought he handled it well. If he finishes that first period td, which he should have, that is a very different match. It'll be very interesting to see how he progresses this year.
    149- Friedman had a shot to win this one in the last minute of the match, which I'm positive nobody thought could happen. Nice effort
    157- Clay wrestled great. Barnes is really tough and has some great shots, but it didn't matter.
    165- Would've liked to see more urgency from Fogarty. In the end, he lost a close match and didn't look overwhelmed and Glass is a borderline top 10 guy.
    174- Nielson looked good. Would've liked to see him open up more, as I think he was significantly better than his opponent.
    184- Good job to get the win, just need to clean up some minor things and pick his spots better. It's a good sign when you can still win when not wrestling your best.
    197- He competed decently with a top 20 guy. Once he committed to his offense in the third, he was in on Johnson's legs quite a bit. Needs to work on finishing those and committing to full attacks earlier.

Overall, a loss sucks, but it was expected. I saw more positives than negatives for going forward. One concern, bottom wrestling still wasn't very good. It's been an issue for a while (it may have been a little better today, but still not an acceptable level). Shot defense was much better today in my book, which is encouraging.

I am very encouraged by today. Ream got a solid win over a good opponent. Rigo looked like he's a top five contender. We did better at a lot of weights where I think we would have struggled last year. This team is moving in the right direction, although I think the conference is doing the same thing as a whole.