Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Set of Rankings

Default Re: Final Set of Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If UND and NDSU are seeded and SDSU is unseeded there's no way SDSU isn't sent either to Grand Forks or Fargo (if they win their first game). The committee is apparently bound by a sacred blood oath that'll take away their first 2 grandchildren if they don't bracket in the maximum amount of bus trips.

Although I'm still confused how they got away with it in 2013 and had SDSU playing NAU to go to EWU and fed in the winner of Furman/SCSU to NDSU.
    Several committee members assumed it was San Diego State...
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

I heard someone on Mike & Mike this morning discussing the FBS playoffs (or whatever they are called) and said he was for the eye test and having Ohio State in the playoffs even if they don't get to the Big Ten championship game. It will be kind of funny if SDSU gets the autobid and no seed while NDSU is anywhere in the top 4 seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Depending on how this whole thing shakes out in less than a week, here's some updates I'd like to see. 1. The FCS selection committee is built to come up with a set of standards in which rankings are to be made from. SOS, W-L record, Sagarin ranking, etc. No objective standards are allowed (Example: Eye test) 2. The FCS selection committee is built with the following criteria: One member from every conference that has a playoff autobid. Additional members will be added based upon last season's teams per conference in the playoffs. Example: MVFC had 5 teams last year. They get 5 representatives the following season. 3. All 24 playoff spots be ranked, as well as the next 4 after that. 4. Teams ranked 1-8 are not allowed to be moved for ease of travel. Teams 9-24 are allowed to be moved one spot in either direction to allow for ease of travel. Initial rankings are to be made public as well as the final "moved" rankings. 5. All votes will be transparent. Accountability will come down to each individual member who must answer for themselves in the case of controversy. I'm sure I'm missing something, but something along these lines would take most of the subjectivity out of it. It'll never happen, but a guy can dream.
    It's OK to not be OK.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think they should just let the fans vote on line.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One of the new criteria is the eliminating of rematches in the 2nd round. Therefore we shouldnt see Sdsu, uni or any teams we played this year in round 2. Can people get that in their heads?

That might work to und'S disadvantage if they are seeded. They might get Valley teams in to round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    One of the new criteria is the eliminating of rematches in the 2nd round. Therefore we shouldnt see Sdsu, uni or any teams we played this year in round 2. Can people get that in their heads?

That might work to und'S disadvantage if they are seeded. They might get Valley teams in to round 2.
    That's not a new criteria (or an old one for that matter). I wish it was but there will still be plenty of possible regular season rematches in the 2nd round.

On a related note I believe UNI is just outside the bus trip radius for NDSU so I don't think they're very likely to be put in the NDSU pod.

Can't wait to see how they fuck this up this week. My guess.

1. JSU
    2. JSU (JSU will be 1 and 2 so they can decided which side of the bracket is easiest for them to get to the championship game)
    3. SHSU
    4. EWU
    5. SDSU (the committee will realize that ISU is a quality loss for them since ISU should be considered a playoff team)
    6. NDSU
    7. Clevland Browns
    8. JSU (the committee will try to get JSU a bye by matching them up with themselves in the 3rd round)
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Ha! That's awesome.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If their isn't a change in the top 3 tonight I'm guessing we are going to end up #3 Sunday morning. Which is ridiculous if you consider we beat the team that's just above us and have the same record.

The old criteria was that there would be no rematches if it was the first playoff game for both teams. Our first playoff game in 2012 and 2014 were against SDSU because they were unseeded and had a 1st round game.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That's not a new criteria (or an old one for that matter). I wish it was but there will still be plenty of possible regular season rematches in the 2nd round.

On a related note I believe UNI is just outside the bus trip radius for NDSU so I don't think they're very likely to be put in the NDSU pod.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Can't wait to see how they fuck this up this week. My guess.

1. JSU
    2. JSU (JSU will be 1 and 2 so they can decided which side of the bracket is easiest for them to get to the championship game)
    3. SHSU
    4. EWU
    5. SDSU (the committee will realize that ISU is a quality loss for them since ISU should be considered a playoff team)
    6. NDSU
    7. Clevland Browns
    8. JSU (the committee will try to get JSU a bye by matching them up with themselves in the 3rd round)
    I think they will give JSU's band the #4 seed.