Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Set of Rankings

Default Re: Final Set of Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Replace YSU with UNI and it's even tougher. Thing is, we aren't that dominate this year (or at least hadn't been) and I think many playoff teams could take us to the wire. If you put us on the other side I think SHSU, JSU, JMU etc. could also take us to the wire. NDSU just needs to take care of business regardless of the bracket opponents. If there are teams more likely to beat us I would much rather face them in the playoffs than the championship game. Just get them out of the way, and if we can't then we don't belong in Frisco anyways.
    I don't think UNI will get in but I agree with your post.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How about San Diego v Cal Poly, winner to #2 NDSU. Montana v WIU, winner to #7 UND. Central Ark. v Chattanooga to #3 Jacksonville. SDSU v Weber (or UNC) winner to #6 Citadel. This keeps things somewhat regionalized in the first and second rounds, but avoids any rematches (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    How about San Diego v Cal Poly, winner to #2 NDSU. Montana v WIU, winner to #7 UND. Central Ark. v Chattanooga to #3 Jacksonville. SDSU v Weber (or UNC) winner to #6 Citadel. This keeps things somewhat regionalized in the first and second rounds, but avoids any rematches (I think).
    If UND and NDSU are seeded and SDSU is unseeded there's no way SDSU isn't sent either to Grand Forks or Fargo (if they win their first game). The committee is apparently bound by a sacred blood oath that'll take away their first 2 grandchildren if they don't bracket in the maximum amount of bus trips.

Although I'm still confused how they got away with it in 2013 and had SDSU playing NAU to go to EWU and fed in the winner of Furman/SCSU to NDSU.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If UND and NDSU are seeded and SDSU is unseeded there's no way SDSU isn't sent either to Grand Forks or Fargo (if they win their first game). The committee is apparently bound by a sacred blood oath that'll take away their first 2 grandchildren if they don't bracket in the maximum amount of bus trips.

Although I'm still confused how they got away with it in 2013 and had SDSU playing NAU to go to EWU and fed in the winner of Furman/SCSU to NDSU.
    They are bound by trying to match up teams within 300 miles of each other so they can go by bus. Despite anything they are saying, they will try to match who they think will with a first round match up with the closest seed.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

I would ask that the entire committee makes their ballot public. Make it transparent. Make it so you cannot vote for a conference mate. quit changing how the playoffs work.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I would ask that the entire committee makes their ballot public. Make it transparent. Make it so you cannot vote for a conference mate. quit changing how the playoffs work.
    And, when the Coaches poll continues to have us and EWU ranked behind JSU and SHSU, the committee members have instant support/basis for their position to the uneducated fans/people out there, and there are a shitload of them.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Depending on how this whole thing shakes out in less than a week, here's some updates I'd like to see. 1. The FCS selection committee is built to come up with a set of standards in which rankings are to be made from. SOS, W-L record, Sagarin ranking, etc. No objective standards are allowed (Example: Eye test) 2. The FCS selection committee is built with the following criteria: One member from every conference that has a playoff autobid. Additional members will be added based upon last season's teams per conference in the playoffs. Example: MVFC had 5 teams last year. They get 5 representatives the following season. 3. All 24 playoff spots be ranked, as well as the next 4 after that. 4. Teams ranked 1-8 are not allowed to be moved for ease of travel. Teams 9-24 are allowed to be moved one spot in either direction to allow for ease of travel. Initial rankings are to be made public as well as the final "moved" rankings. 5. All votes will be transparent. Accountability will come down to each individual member who must answer for themselves in the case of controversy. I'm sure I'm missing something, but something along these lines would take most of the subjectivity out of it. It'll never happen, but a guy can dream.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Replace YSU with UNI and it's even tougher. Thing is, we aren't that dominate this year (or at least hadn't been) and I think many playoff teams could take us to the wire. If you put us on the other side I think SHSU, JSU, JMU etc. could also take us to the wire. NDSU just needs to take care of business regardless of the bracket opponents. If there are teams more likely to beat us I would much rather face them in the playoffs than the championship game. Just get them out of the way, and if we can't then we don't belong in Frisco anyways.
    This team is a lot like last year's team in regards to dominating. Not so much early in the season, but very much late in the season. The win at UNI gives me the impression that this team might be a little better than last year's in games that Carson didn't play.
    Hail the BISON!!!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

I thought they were doing away with the regionalization thing this year after last years debacle. No rematches in the first two rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    I thought they were doing away with the regionalization thing this year after last years debacle. No rematches in the first two rounds.
    Here's a couple articles about it. I couldn't find the follow up news after the NCAA meeting in October. Maybe not published anywhere yet?

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/co...2bae3ffe5.html

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...-change-060716

What I get out of those is that it ONLY applies if four or more teams from one conference make the playoffs, then they'll allow ONE extra charter flight when they're setting up the playoff matchups. I don't think it says anything about "no rematches in the first two rounds." I assume, however, that the same rule will apply that there can be no rematches in the first round (i.e. Week 1 of Playoffs).