Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Set of Rankings

tolnabison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Final Set of Rankings

The "Insiders" show just announced that the final FCS rankings will be announced tomorrow night at 9:00 on ESPNU.

Default Re: Final Set of Rankings

"Final"? We have one more week yet to play!

tolnabison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    "Final"? We have one more week yet to play!
    That is how it is being labeled, the final rankings before the playoffs are announced.

Makes sense - final rankings this week because next week, they are announcing the playoff field.

"How to not look like we're trying to hold down NDSU while trying to hold down NDSU."
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Makes sense - final rankings this week because next week, they are announcing the playoff field.
    Semantics, I guess. But I would say that the playoff rankings should take into account the FINAL rankings... which shouldn't be done until the season is over. WHATEVER. I hope this is the only thing I have an issue with in the playoff selection process!

Maybe they will continue the slow process of correcting themselves, I'm not holding my breath.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    "How to not look like we're trying to hold down NDSU while trying to hold down NDSU."
    Like when all Missouri Valley teams were placed on the same side of the bracket? I fear that we will get the second verse (in whatever form they create) of this song in a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Like when all Missouri Valley teams were placed on the same side of the bracket? I fear that we will get the second verse (in whatever form they create) of this song in a couple weeks.
    Yep. Look for UND, SDSU, YSU, CSU and EWU all on our side of the bracket. A rival, a team that beat us, another MVFC team and 2 teams that took us to OT. They will throw everything they can at us to knock us out.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yep. Look for UND, SDSU, YSU, CSU and EWU all on our side of the bracket. A rival, a team that beat us, another MVFC team and 2 teams that took us to OT. They will throw everything they can at us to knock us out.
    Replace YSU with UNI and it's even tougher. Thing is, we aren't that dominate this year (or at least hadn't been) and I think many playoff teams could take us to the wire. If you put us on the other side I think SHSU, JSU, JMU etc. could also take us to the wire. NDSU just needs to take care of business regardless of the bracket opponents. If there are teams more likely to beat us I would much rather face them in the playoffs than the championship game. Just get them out of the way, and if we can't then we don't belong in Frisco anyways.