Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stats on the Bigscreen

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Stats on the Bigscreen

Do all four corner boards need to show the same thing. Could they do kitty corner boards with the stats during media time out?
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Agreed. I've thought the same thing.

halftime.jpg
    The side by side stats were the best. This was at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    Love the new bigscreens in the dome. Great that they kept the old corner displays. Really enjoy the scores and advertising on the digital displays above the lockeroom entrances. Really miss the team offensive stats that have been removed from the E and W sides of the dome. Never get to see the team offensive stats side by side anymore. I thought once the big screen bosses got the hang of running those things and figured out how to use the side ribbons more efficiently, that certainly we would begin seeing side by sides of the running, passing, total offense. I really miss that.
    Is it possible for ML to suggest this ( if he agrees) to the Fargodome sheriffs, as you put it?
    I know of a small group of ppl who will be meeting with ML. The question could be asked.

The scores from other games is hard to figure for some schools. Yesterday, VATE played GATE......took a little while to figure out Virginia Tech playing Georgia Tech.

I consider myself a hardcore scoreboard watcher, so the abbreviations used in the dome SUCK. In the above example, use VTech and GTech. I would bet most fans would figure that out pretty easily.

The other one that makes no sense is WEST. Not overly specific there, but it is used for Top 25 team Western Michigan. How about WMich?

Perhaps they should have a sports-minded person in charge of posting scores.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BraxtonT View Post
    The scores from other games is hard to figure for some schools. Yesterday, VATE played GATE......took a little while to figure out Virginia Tech playing Georgia Tech.

I consider myself a hardcore scoreboard watcher, so the abbreviations used in the dome SUCK. In the above example, use VTech and GTech. I would bet most fans would figure that out pretty easily.

The other one that makes no sense is WEST. Not overly specific there, but it is used for Top 25 team Western Michigan. How about WMich?

Agreed, but perhaps they have a four character limit for team abbreviations???

Traditional abbreviations would suffice. VT and GT nearly everyone would know who that was.

Better yet. Who cares about Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Agreed, but perhaps they have a four character limit for team abbreviations???
    Doubt it. That would be really crappy software in this day and age. If anything it's probably a design/layout decision.

It just seems like they try to do too much with the corner boards. Fonts are small and hard to read from the end zones. They need to keep it simple and functional.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Traditional abbreviations would suffice. VT and GT nearly everyone would know who that was.

Better yet. Who cares about Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech?
    So much this! If they want to do FBS rankings in an FCS stadium, just scroll through the Top 25 and put the number rank next to their name. Then do the same with FCS. These random games they put on the ribbon, screens, or announce have no logic (that I can see) behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by BraxtonT View Post

No idea how it chooses the abbreviations, but the scores are populated from an outside feed, so however the scores get updated isn't actually happening inside the building