Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Blue Post Game Thoughts

Default ISU-Blue Post Game Thoughts

1) Thank you seniors.
    2) Nice to finally see a punt return for a td. Great tone setter as well.
    3) Also nice to see Stick get some big runs. We'll need a lot more of that in the playoff run.
    4) The short passing game is still troubling and I'm not really sure what's causing it.
    5) Morlock seems like he's running extra hard these past few weeks. We should give him the ball more.
    6) Great defensive performance. I hope Dempsey's injury is nothing serious.
    7) It was good to see Davis get some reps. That was a beautiful pass on the roll out.
    8) Time for vengeance. Let's go coyote hunting.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Default Re: ISU-Blue Post Game Thoughts

Wish we would have ran up the score instead of playing backups. Sorry it's not our fault the playoff committee was suckered into giving Jacksonville State #1 by inflated stats vs inferior competition

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Let's go coyote hunting.
    Will one of these rounds suffice?
    nitro.jpg

BisManBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    1) Thank you seniors.
    2) Nice to finally see a punt return for a td. Great tone setter as well.
    3) Also nice to see Stick get some big runs. We'll need a lot more of that in the playoff run.
    4) The short passing game is still troubling and I'm not really sure what's causing it.
    5) Morlock seems like he's running extra hard these past few weeks. We should give him the ball more.
    6) Great defensive performance. I hope Dempsey's injury is nothing serious.
    7) It was good to see Davis get some reps. That was a beautiful pass on the roll out.
    8) Time for vengeance. Let's go coyote hunting.
    Agree wholeheartedly!!
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Kickoff Coverage team was on point today!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison-Knuckle View Post
    Kickoff Coverage team was on point today!
    #38 showing up a lot there lately.

Indiana State isn't good at anything

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Wish we would have ran up the score instead of playing backups. Sorry it's not our fault the playoff committee was suckered into giving Jacksonville State #1 by inflated stats vs inferior competition
    I respect Coach K for doing things his way and today was no different. A lot of guys got some serious reps in who might be called on in the final weeks of the season. That is way more important than trying to figure out how to game a system for a one or two spot improvement. I still think NDSU will end up 1 or 2, but worse case is in the top 4. I am less concerned with the remote possibility of a road game in the playoffs than either a starter getting hurt during a meaningless part of the game or not using that time to continue developing your depth.

It was a good game. ISUb was very generous in parts of their game and NDSU, like a championship program, took advantage of those opportunities. We still played our game and there is still room for improvement. I am more comfortable knowing we have backups who can make plays. The playbook is starting to expand a little bit and I am more confident our offense can make defenses pay for clogging up the middle. I truly have the feeling we are seeing our coaches holding some things back until the playoffs.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just finished watching the replay and thought we played a solid game. Took advantage of their weaknesses and managed to score major points. Defense was great, just hated to give up points in garbage time. Saw Stick's numbers, but thought he was better passing than his stats showed. I think we're in a good place with one more game in the regular season. This is what we hoped for.

I was able to listen to 1660 on the way home.
    We have not had a WR make a catch in the end zone since Mo State.
    Apparently there is a little dislike of one of the tree players from last year. Thus the pulling him out of the pile by our guy and the ensuing penalty per CeeDud.
    He also mentioned Perkins broke his wrist and will not be catching anymore. He did play though. Has anyone else heard this? I must not have listened well on Friday.
    Good game. Nice to not have a nail biter.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans