Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Indiana State

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Indiana State

If the coaching staff wants style points for the selection committee, Bison 45-9. Otherwise, Bison kind-hearted staff 27-9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    If the coaching staff wants style points for the selection committee, Bison 45-9. Otherwise, Bison kind-hearted staff 27-9.

I doubt impressing the committee is anywhere near the top of what the coaching staff wants to get done today. Although if they accomplish what they hope to that should be an ancillary benefit. 38-10 Bison.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default GDT: NDSU vs. Indiana State

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I doubt impressing the committee is anywhere near the top of what the coaching staff wants to get done today. Although if they accomplish what they hope to that should be an ancillary benefit. 38-10 Bison.
    I for one hope it's on their mind. Zero chance we leap frog JSU and/or EWU without 2 blowout wins. Simply getting a 2-3 score lead and running out the clock the entire 2nd half, which I can see us doing, will impress no one.

Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I for one hope it's on their mind. Zero chance we leap frog JSU and/or EWU without 2 blowout wins. Simply getting a 2-3 score lead and running out the clock the entire 2nd half, which I can see us doing, will impress no one.

It'll impress me, if they do it right with sustained drives on offense, not a super bendy but not breaking defense. I wanna win TOP again. Losing TOP sucks.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

King Frazier is in for today. Not sure if it has been posted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I agree. Team needs to continue improving on executing each play and get the passing game in rhythm.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I agree. Team needs to continue improving on executing each play and get the passing game in rhythm.
    I'm actually ok with the passing game right now as long as the running game continues to produce. Listening to some interviews with coaches, Stick is making the right reads, he just isn't executing correctly. It will come. I, for one, didn't expect him to get through his entire career without going through a slump. Plus, it'll lead to teams thinking we're inefficient in the passing game going into the playoffs, which provides the team with better passing opportunities against teams that don't normally see us and have only a week to prepare. Not pressing for the passing game to be there and just letting happen might be the best thing for the confidence for everyone involved. Sometimes a break from something is the best medicine.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Over/under on Bisonvillers complaining about the quiet crowd and empty seats (deer hunting, students 3 day weekend, people not caring about a crap opponent)?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Over/under on Bisonvillers complaining about the quiet crowd and empty seats (deer hunting, students 3 day weekend, people not caring about a crap opponent)?
    off the board
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I'm actually ok with the passing game right now as long as the running game continues to produce. Listening to some interviews with coaches, Stick is making the right reads, he just isn't executing correctly. It will come. I, for one, didn't expect him to get through his entire career without going through a slump. Plus, it'll lead to teams thinking we're inefficient in the passing game going into the playoffs, which provides the team with better passing opportunities against teams that don't normally see us and have only a week to prepare. Not pressing for the passing game to be there and just letting happen might be the best thing for the confidence for everyone involved. Sometimes a break from something is the best medicine.
    I agree that Stick is making the right reads, but for some reason, he seems to second guess himself for about a second. That's why I hope he relies on his instincts (which are good) and pulls the trigger.

Had he thrown the pass that got picked off in front of Shepherd just a split second sooner, there's a decent chance Darrius scores. I don't know what or when the hesitation started, but if you compare the roll-out passes to the TE/FB the past month to the first offensive play of the Iowa game, you can see the difference.

I believe if he gets into rhythm, the offense will be lights out with a strong passing and running game, and of course, that makes the defense better too with getting proper rest.

For the record, I'm not here to complain about Stick. I believe he's extremely talented and might be putting too much pressure on himself, which might be why he looks like he's playing too tight. He just needs to remember that he's surrounded by other highly talented dudes who he can rely on.

Hail the BISON!!!