Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Committee Rankings 11/10

Default Re: Committee Rankings 11/10

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    meant to say JMU. Was thinking JMU, but typed JSU.
    My rationale for saying what I did is not that I don't think JMU is a bad team, I just don't think the CAA has been as tough as they have been in the past. I also think if JMU beats Villanova and wins out, they should be considered for a #4 seed. If SHSU wins out they will knock Cent. Arkansas out of a chance for a seed and SHSU will be considered for a top 4 seed because simply they are undefeated. Still with no signature wins on the season, I think the only logical place for them is #5. They will get seeded higher because of the undefeated schedule. I am also saying if SHSU and JMU were to get to the quarters and SHSU wins, it would certainly be evidence they aren't as bad as we all think with their SOS.

JSU at #3 and The Citadel at #6 would end up being a good matchup. The Citadel is kind of getting the shaft in all of this because they probably should be ranked higher than JMU and SHSU, but they probably won't. There probably will be some upsets along the way. There are a lot of schools in the top 10 that can cause problems for anyone. Drop JSU to #3 and 4,5,6 right now, if everyone wins out, will probably be in those spots but maybe in a different order.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I've never ever been a fan of running up the score but if we're up late vs Indiana State we better do it. Normally we would just run out the clock. This stuff matters apparently.
    Sad but true. JMU put up 80 on 2 opponents. NDSU would never do that to a conference foe.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd rather have #3 right because there's two weeks to go and it's closer to #1 and #2.
    Agree- but i just don't want to be playing EW before Frisco.

OVC representative on the selection committee:

Greg Seitz
    Director of Athletics
    Jacksonville State University

This has got to be why JSU holds onto that top spot. Even listening to their fans you get the sense that they were somehow wronged in the championship game last year. They are completely ignoring the fact that they got their asses handed to them by a better team. They are doing everything they can to make it difficult for us. The top 2 should be EWU/NDSU in any order. Personally I lean to having EWU higher than us, but anyone who doesn't have that combo at 1 and 2 are simply not paying attention to FCS football or they have ulterior motives. Or to put it a simplier way, they are either stupid or crooked. So which is it Greg Seitz? Are you stupid? Or crooked?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Any word on whether selection committee chair guy is going back on The Insiders or Kolpack & Izzo this week? Last week Jeff C said on air that they'd like to have him on each week leading up to the playoffs but I haven't heard anything about him being on today. I'd love to hear the rationale from the committee discussions on why they dropped SHSU but not JSU.

Any word on whether selection committee chair guy is going back on The Insiders or Kolpack & Izzo this week? Last week Jeff C said on air that they'd like to have him on each week leading up to the playoffs but I haven't heard anything about him being on today. I'd love to hear the rationale from the committee discussions on why they dropped SHSU but not JSU.

Earlier in the week Culhane said maybe they would give him a break this week.....but maybe that has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Earlier in the week Culhane said maybe they would give him a break this week.....but maybe that has changed.
    Would make sense. I'm guessing that's also why NCAA.com released that story yesterday about the rankings in a proactive attempt to answer questions about the movement this week.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Yeah, that one. But even the author himself questions how, if they're looking heavily at SOS, The Citadel is at #6 when their schedule to date has been stronger than JSU's.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    This has been discussed many times. A head-to-head overtime loss in the Dome isn't enough to clearly distinguish EWU and NDSU. It's basically a wash. Sure, NDSU ended up on the "right" side of the score, but what would have happened at EWU? Or a neutral field? That game alone isn't enough to push NDSU over them.

So... look at the rest of the schedules. Arguably, NDSU played a tougher schedule overall, but EWU beat a better P5 opponent. No clear distinction here either.

So... look at losses. EWU only lost a close overtime game to the #1 team in the nation at their house. NDSU lost to a top-10/15 SDSU. Who has the better loss? EWU.

Therefore, it is very easy and quite justifiable to have EWU on top of NDSU. Not saying this is how I think it should be, but if you can't see it, then take off the blinders.
    I despise you. Posts based on facts that make sense and are hard to argue have no place in this thread or any other thread. You ,sir, should be banned.

I win should always be better than a loss. That's the point.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯