Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas State 11/11

Default Re: Arkansas State 11/11

Fun game last night, the arena is such a huge upgrade and lighting is fantastic. The leg room is awful, super bad. I will be standing quite a bit. The whole card stunt was pretty silly and really took some energy away from the start of the game. Was surprised with how many open seats there was. Agree with most, if you cant make it, find somebody that can. Students were solid, could do a better job bringing noise but whole crowd needs to do better at that.

Couple thoughts on some of the guys.

AJ was a total dude, for a kid who has hardly practiced...he looked terrific.

Tyson Ward flashed, stage isn't to big and he is ready to contribute this season.

Deng looked like he was pressing, wanted to make the big play. Early on his defense was very poor and he got pulled quickly. Thought he did better job in the 2nd half. He is going to have his flashes this season but make no mistake the kid is going to be special down the road.

Wish we could get Dex a few more post touches, good things happens when we get him a touch.

All in all very pleased with what I saw for game one. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm happy with how young we are, but had spurts where the youth definitely showed. The arena is a huge upgrade over the BSA (obviously). It's nice and shiny, not overly fancy and is a good size. Hopefully we can have continued success with the men and improvement from the women to grow the crowd and enthusiasm in there. One gripe with the arena, we sat top row in the balcony so that our 3 year old who doesn't like to sit still isn't a distraction to others trying to watch the game, but we could only see half the video board. Kind of disappointing, everyone would be able to see the entire board if they dropped it down about 5 feet. Not sure if that would interfere with the game or not.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Quick thoughts. Basketball crowd is sadly pathetic. No life whatsoever. Yelled a little when we were on defense and had two elderly women sitting next to me give me high fives. Will repeat again on Sunday but give 10% more effort.
    and sadly it's the best OOC home game of the year. Really surprised we couldn't do better than arkansas state for scheduling.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

What was the card stunt at the beginning of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    and sadly it's the best OOC home game of the year. Really surprised we couldn't do better than arkansas state for scheduling.
    I'm not sure people realize how hard it is for teams like the Summit to get OOC games at home against high quality teams. Hopefully seeds are being planted currently to visit some of those teams consistently so in the future we can get those teams in.

Some complaints on the board about the lack of enthusiasm by the crowd...but in their defense a little bit, basketball crowds get "into it" when there is a nice flow of action and the Bison (or whatever home team) go on a quick 6-0 or 8-0 run with a three or a dunk or some great pass. 53 fouls called in 40 minutes of action takes a toll on the flow of the game. I'm hoping Sunday's game will have a better flow and the crowed can get into it a little more. That being said, some of us like to just watch the game and cheer for the nice plays, or if we need a defensive stop, but we're not going to hoot and hollar the whole game like we did when we were students there.

Also...the card thing? A 2 on a scale of 1-10. In my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MHDBisonfan View Post
    Also...the card thing? A 2 on a scale of 1-10. In my opinion of course.
    Higher then I rated it

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    What was the card stunt at the beginning of the game?
    I don't remember if it was stunt 1 or stunt 2 but a Bison was formed over at the student section. I thought it was odd to be holding up a card during the National Anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    I don't remember if it was stunt 1 or stunt 2 but a Bison was formed over at the student section. I thought it was odd to be holding up a card during the National Anthem.
    Agreed. Also didn't like being told to sit down for the starting lineups for stunt 2.