Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana State Pregame Thread

Default Re: Indiana State Pregame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    A 35 yard punt from the 40 yard line is one thing but when you're backed up to the 10 and need to flip the field a 35 yarder ain't going to get it done. Didn't Ben boom a 70 yarder in that UNI playoff game?
    True, but Lk has booted +50 yards a few times. Thus far in the 2016 season of the NFL, only 6 teams can say they put it out there 70+ yards and none of them can say they have -4 return yards. Like I said we would be ranked in the middle of the pack if this was the NFL.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Considering the avergae NFL Punt is about 10 yards longer and the average punt return is about 9 yards he is dong pretty darn well. On punts, we give up about 1 more yard than an average NFL team.

Looks like we would Rank about 16 if we were in the NFL.....assuming your are correct its a 35 average.
    There is no way that is right. We are #60 out of 105 in the FCS. No way we would be 16th in NFL...

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    There is no way that is right. We are #60 out of 105 in the FCS. No way we would be 16th in NFL...
    I was comparing punt distance and return yards.....i just went to espn 2016 nfl stats and went by what they show.....i looked at the average punts and punt returns and compared them to what we do. According to them, on average nfl kickers punts it 10 more yards (about 45 yards) and give up 9 yards on the return. About 15 teams either kick it shorter than that and give up more yards. Thus based on those two elements yeah, we are in the middle of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    A 35 yard punt from the 40 yard line is one thing but when you're backed up to the 10 and need to flip the field a 35 yarder ain't going to get it done. Didn't Ben boom a 70 yarder in that UNI playoff game?
    If a punter booms a 50+ kick, he better have a great coverage team. Indiana State lost against to Youngstown State last week when their punter out-kicked the heck out of his coverage, which led to a TD return.
    Hail the BISON!!!

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sycamores are crashing right now. This what the coach said after the last game. “I’m very disappointed in our team today,” “We’re able to take 60 guys up to North Dakota State, and what I told them is that I want 60 guys who love football and are 100 percent committed to us from preparing during the week to us winning the football game.”
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sycamores are crashing right now. This what the coach said after the last game. “I’m very disappointed in our team today,” “We’re able to take 60 guys up to North Dakota State, and what I told them is that I want 60 guys who love football and are 100 percent committed to us from preparing during the week to us winning the football game.”
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    One return minus 4 yards, all season. He is doing fine.

This here...

ISU-Blue is near the bottom in a lot of stats in the MVFC... however, they've got good return stats so hopefully we get another great performance from our K and P this Saturday.

The other good stats ISU-Blue are "Passing Offense" and "Field Goals."

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Next man up! Thankfully the d-line has good depth relative to recent years