Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: We gaining a new MVFC team soon?

Default Re: We gaining a new MVFC team soon?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I'd rather just keep them buried in our dust than worry about it. If they become a playoff threat (hint: they could beat us RIGHT NOW) we will start losing guys to them and an improving SDSU. Time to leave everyone in the dust...not regress...which we will
    Anyone might beat us in the playoffs, but I wouldn't bet on UND accomplishing that this year. I don't see them as a great threat compared to a number of other teams. I am pretty confident that if they join the Valley they will be the ones to regress. At any rate, there may be legitimate arguments to make the move, but I don't see them coming to the Valley as one of them. I see them more as annoying instead of a legitimate threat.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Meh. I want players who want to be at NDSU, not ones who chase bright, shiny things.
    Dumpster fires are bright and shiny. Tin sheds..not so much.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

We have enjoyed unprecedented success due to distancing ourselves from those losers. Make no mistake about this. It will hurt NDSU athletics. Only so many recruits to go around.

Fuck this shit. I hope and pray an FBS invitation comes soon.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Remind me how many wins against good teams they have? Maybe one with Cal Poly.

Compare their schedule to NDSU's, and it isn't remotely close. UND would collapse like a wet paper tent if they had to play the same schedule the Bison had this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    None of that has anything to do with anything

F'hawkin followers.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    We have enjoyed unprecedented success due to distancing ourselves from those losers. Make no mistake about this. It will hurt NDSU athletics. Only so many recruits to go around.

They play at our level in a well respected conference. They are already competing for recruits.

Our unprecedented success has distanced us from those losers. You've got your causes and effects turned around.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 11-07-2016 at 08:48 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

HUH? I think it shows that un_ is a weak team currently in an even weaker conference. They will be ranked with the poorer teams in the Valley, should the Valley be desperate enough to even take them.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Yes it does. You're claiming a two lost team that barely beats teams with an extremely weak schedule is better than a one-lost team that beats ranked teams nearly every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

So we are ready to move to the FBS, but we are terrified to recruit against teams that we already recruit against? Interesting idea.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    HUH? I think it shows that un_ is a weak team currently in an even weaker conference. They will be ranked with the poorer teams in the Valley, should the Valley be desperate enough to even take them.
    The argument was whether they could currently beat NDSU. The premise that a team with a weaker schedule cannot beat a team with a tougher schedule is a false premise