Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Selection Committee Top 10

Default Re: Selection Committee Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    For you ... you live in the sagarian world
    Not all do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would have no problem agreeing with your statement if the committee admitted to any sort of process. What is interesting about all of this is they admitted to no process and even further, no use of the same parameters they will use when the actual seeding takes place. They released a junk ranking using no parameters they will use later and have placed themselves in a box because they will have to explain how they are either defying logic later by defending their decision they made now or defying logic now by saying today's ranking doesn't matter because of a different process later. Then why release one at all? The bottom line is the committee chair has publicly stated the process will be different later, so that implies the ranking today means absolutely nothing, again questioning the need for a ranking by the committee today. If what the chair is saying is true, then all that is learned by an early ranking is where their decisions are biased. They are relying on some sort of feel test with big ass chopper mittens on. This shouldn't be a concern for the schools who are ranked lower than what logic says, it should be a concern for everyone. No one still has any idea where they stand. Again, for the third time, the ranking by the committee was a waste of time. If this was an attempt to generate interest in the FCS product, they did it at the expense of their integrity.

Put the time in, use the same parameters that will be used during the seeding process, and have a true ranking system where schools do know where they stand today. Otherwise, just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I would have no problem agreeing with your statement if the committee admitted to any sort of process. What is interesting about all of this is they admitted to no process and even further, no use of the same parameters they will use when the actual seeding takes place. They released a junk ranking using no parameters they will use later and have placed themselves in a box because they will have to explain how they are either defying logic later by defending their decision they made now or defying logic now by saying today's ranking doesn't matter because of a different process later. Then why release one at all? The bottom line is the committee chair has publicly stated the process will be different later, so that implies the ranking today means absolutely nothing, again questioning the need for a ranking by the committee today. If what the chair is saying is true, then all that is learned by an early ranking is where their decisions are biased. They are relying on some sort of feel test with big ass chopper mittens on. This shouldn't be a concern for the schools who are ranked lower than what logic says, it should be a concern for everyone. No one still has any idea where they stand. Again, for the third time, the ranking by the committee was a waste of time. If this was an attempt to generate interest in the FCS product, they did it at the expense of their integrity.

Put the time in, use the same parameters that will be used during the seeding process, and have a true ranking system where schools do know where they stand today. Otherwise, just wait.

Default Selection Committee Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    SEMO like Incarnate Word is a tough conference game....Probably on par with Illinois State in the mind of the committee.
    Can't tell if there's sarcasm in any of that but it would be complete bullshit if that is the way the committee sees things. SEMO, is 3-6 overall, IL state only rolls in at 5-5 I believe, but they have quality wins over an FBS team (northwestern) and SDSU. Who the hell has SEMO even played as quality opponents let alone beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper6 View Post
    Can't tell if there's sarcasm in any of that but it would be complete bullshit if that is the way the committee sees things. SEMO, is 3-6 overall, IL state only rolls in at 5-5 I believe, but they have quality wins over an FBS team (northwestern) and SDSU. Who the hell has SEMO even played as quality opponents let alone beaten.

You obviously didn't listen to the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    You obviously didn't listen to the interview.
    I have not... won't open on my phone for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper6 View Post
    I have not... won't open on my phone for some reason.

Try disabling your phone's crap filter.

If they reevaluate after this week

Eastern Washington whoops Cal Poly on the road
    NDSU whoops #13 Youngstown
    Jacksonville State barely beats A mediocre SEMO
    Sam Houston wins like 60-50 over McNeese. . If they are enamored by offensive stats, they should be equally concerned by a team that has the worst defense ever.

Most impressive this week
    Ndsu
    Eastern Washington

Jsu and Sam Houston were both unimpressive

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Sam Houston wins like 60-50 over McNeese. . If they are enamored by offensive stats, they should be equally concerned by a team that has the worst defense ever.

Ndsu
    Eastern Washington

That's just like your opinion man. There's no set criteria you know. They're all too busy to discuss this stuff anyway, way easier to just mail in their rankings.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So that means that the committee and Dom Izzo will move UND into a top 8 seed because their best win was Cal Poly?

Ndsu
    Eastern Washington

I'd put James Madison over JSU and SHSU....

I did in my AGS vote.