Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Selection Committee Top 10

Default Re: Selection Committee Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    So why even give out a poll? Makes no sense to just throw something out
    According to him it was "to generate discussion". Like I said earlier... mission accomplished then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    JJ asked him directly about EWU being ranked higher than NDSU despite both having the same record, FBS wins, and NDSU beat EWU head to head. All he could say was "it was close" and you could hear JJ laugh.
    "because well, you play the teams in front of you. aaaaaaaaaand NDSU did beat EWU in OT at home, they also fell at home to South Dakota state, who has 3 losses. EWU hasn't lost to anyone but NDSU, so we wend ahead and put EWU ahead of NDSU because their loss was to a better team."

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    The nine-member FCS Football Championship Committee includes athletic directors Paul Schlickmann (Central Connecticut), Nathan Pine (Holy Cross), Brad Teague (Central Arkansas), Jeff Tingey (Idaho State), Richard Johnson (Wofford), Greg Seitz (Jacksonville State), Marty Scarano (New Hampshire), Kyle Moats (Missouri State) and Chuck Burch (Gardner-Webb).

of course MVFC's lone member would be from Missouri State. Look at those powers. Is there a national championship from any of those programs? Does New Hampshire maybe have 1?
    No kidding. That guy was probably like, playoffs? What the hell are those?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    So why even give out a poll? Makes no sense to just throw something out
    Because it's the fcs and I'm sure the majority of the committee are athletic directors of programs where football doesn't matter
    I tend to agree with Longhorn here...I don't think the committee members barely give a fuck at times. It's one disadvantage of being in the FCS...things football related just are not as well organized or taken with the same seriousness as in the FBS. It's just the way it is...
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

"because well, you play the teams in front of you. aaaaaaaaaand NDSU did beat EWU in OT at home, they also fell at home to South Dakota state, who has 3 losses. EWU hasn't lost to anyone but NDSU, so we wend ahead and put EWU ahead of NDSU because their loss was to a better team."
    That's well said.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I can't recall the exact quote but he said something today to the effect of "I guarantee OOC schedule and strength of schedule will be strongly scrutinized before the final bracket is set". So what he's basically saying is that to this point that hasn't been the case.

Well, to be fair (and their fans on AGS are very quick to point this out) they did have an FBS game scheduled this year with New Mexico I believe. UNM bought out the game late so they were left scrambling and had to come up with a D2 (similar to NDSU scheduling Ferris St in 2013). Now, I'm not saying that should give them a pass for playing a weak schedule but they did at least attempt to play one somewhat challenging game OOC.
    New Mexico is terrible. They're not DII but they are terrible. I'd be more impressed if James Madison had bought them out.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

The nine-member FCS Football Championship Committee includes athletic directors Paul Schlickmann (Central Connecticut), Nathan Pine (Holy Cross), Brad Teague (Central Arkansas), Jeff Tingey (Idaho State), Richard Johnson (Wofford), Greg Seitz (Jacksonville State), Marty Scarano (New Hampshire), Kyle Moats (Missouri State) and Chuck Burch (Gardner-Webb).

of course MVFC's lone member would be from Missouri State. Look at those powers. Is there a national championship from any of those programs? Does New Hampshire maybe have 1?
    My takeaway regarding this was the members were spokesmen for their respecting conferences. Had to be a voice for teams that deserved to be in the top 10. How much noise is the AD from Jacksonville St going to create about why his school should be #1. Can you really remove personal biases out of this process? Is there any objectivity?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    According to him it was "to generate discussion". Like I said earlier... mission accomplished then.
    Still makes no sense to me, but whatever
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I think the comment about Sam Houston passing the "eye test" was the worst thing he said. Winning by 40 against shit teams doesn't pass they eye test for me. Beating at least solid teams all year does. It's the same as what Oregon had been doing for the last 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    New Mexico is terrible. They're not DII but they are terrible. I'd be more impressed if James Madison had bought them out.
    Meh, they're 5-3. Ranked #95 by Massey and #99 by Sagarin. That's 25 spots higher than JMU by Massey and 2 spots lower than JMU by Sagarin. That would've been a good opponent for them... at least we'd have something to go on with them before week 12 when they play Central Arkansas.

Quote Originally Posted by stpaulbison View Post
    My takeaway regarding this was the members were spokesmen for their respecting conferences. Had to be a voice for teams that deserved to be in the top 10. How much noise is the AD from Jacksonville St going to create about why his school should be #1. Can you really remove personal biases out of this process? Is there any objectivity?
    Once the committee actually begins discussion the conference representative must leave the room when/if his team or a team from his conference is being discussed. So he can't make the argument himself but there's definitely still a possibility that he's buddies with other committee members who may be swayed by personal relationships.