Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's 2016-2017 Season

Default Re: Women's 2016-2017 Season

Was surprised to see Breske start since she barely played any minutes last season. Gamble and Childers were in street clothes. Everyone else played and everybody scored. Jones had a great game and had 19. Spencer was solid as a point guard. Sarah (10pts) and Thunstedt (14pts) looked good. Great defense in the second quarter by everyone, but seemed to slip away somewhat in the last two quarters.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Was surprised to see Breske start since she barely played any minutes last season. Gamble and Childers were in street clothes. Everyone else played and everybody scored. Jones had a great game and had 19. Spencer was solid as a point guard. Sarah (10pts) and Thunstedt (14pts) looked good. Great defense in the second quarter by everyone, but seemed to slip away somewhat in the last two quarters.
    lots of promise, definitely better shooting inside by Jones, and Spicer, Riley Jacobson looks to be good also.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All the freshman looked good to me, I think the future for women's basketball is going to be bright...Jacobson, Nudell, Ogden all looked sharp, just what you would expect out of freshman with high hopes and Tyrah Spencer surprised me the most, she is going to be good...great ball handler and she has got some good moves... Reilly Jacobson looked a little slow to me but her skills are there...

For veterans, Taylor Thundstedt is a beast...she can handle the ball, drive to the basket, and can shoot...she has it all. She just looks so smooth compared to everyone else no matter the opponent. Good to know we have her for another year too.

The only thing this team lacks other than experience is height...but we know that is on its way with the verbals for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    All the freshman looked good to me, I think the future for women's basketball is going to be bright...Jacobson, Nudell, Ogden all looked sharp, just what you would expect out of freshman with high hopes and Tyrah Spencer surprised me the most, she is going to be good...great ball handler and she has got some good moves... Reilly Jacobson looked a little slow to me but her skills are there...

For veterans, Taylor Thundstedt is a beast...she can handle the ball, drive to the basket, and can shoot...she has it all. She just looks so smooth compared to everyone else no matter the opponent. Good to know we have her for another year too.

The only thing this team lacks other than experience is height...but we know that is on its way with the verbals for next year.
    Might have been first game jitters but Sarah Jacobson seemed to be rushing her shots, but I did not see her in high school so that's just me.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

According to Massey ratings, the Women's team is only predicted to win 3 games this year. 2 of those wins are against NAIA teams.
    The fella that watches the CFL

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Tyrah Spencer played at Bloomington Kennedy HS
    This and Oakdale is where she is from. A suburb on the Saint Paul side lol
    The fella that watches the CFL

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Denver is one of the few teams we were supposed to beat, correct?

4 point lead for NDSU with 94 seconds to go.

6 point lead.

8 seconds to go NDSU leads by 4.

NDSU wins!

Dewey

Congrats ladies!

Young talent and team continue to grow getting our first road win in forever against a Denver team who plays pretty well at home.

Despite the tough start to the season which in the big picture means nothing... we are 1-1 in conference play and almost knocked off SDSU. The growth of our young players continues! Nice job ladies! We're finally building something!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com