Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's 2016-2017 Season

Default Re: Women's 2016-2017 Season

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Young talent and team continue to grow getting our first road win in forever against a Denver team who plays pretty well at home.

Despite the tough start to the season which in the big picture means nothing... we are 1-1 in conference play and almost knocked off SDSU. The growth of our young players continues! Nice job ladies! We're finally building something!
    100% agree. Continue this play the rest of the way.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

South Dakota comes to Fargo Jan 4 at 7:00, led by a 5' 9" sophomore,
    Allison Arens. Big challenge. Arens was ESPNW's national player
    of the week for her play in home victories over Denver and SDSU.
    Coyotes are 13-2 overall, and are at 37 in the RPI.
    Midco and ESPN3 game

In conference wins against Denver and archrival South Dakota State this past week, Arens averaged 26 points, eight rebounds and four assists. She shot 90 percent on 30 free throw attempts and turned over the ball just three times in 80 minutes.
    http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...nw-player-week

Big game tonight. Go out and compete hard, play well and get the victory. Go Bison!!! Go 1-0 for the day.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I looked at stats for season to date compared to full season last year. FG % is down down slightly, 3 or % down less than Fg % and FT % down slightly as well. Rebounds are up and also lead conference in this stat. Assists per game are up slightly and turnovers are down slightly. Of the 200 minutes a a game our freshmen are logging 111.9 of them. Just off in some shooting stats with freshmen logging a lot of minutes, not bad. Again next year we need to see more improvement on shooting and overall defensive effort. I think future is looking bright. Some good height coming in next year. This year freshmen are contributing next will need to also.

Comparing anything to last year as a benchmark? Last year was probably the worst season ever. And this season is no better. Well slightly? The freshman lack division 1 skills. They are in desperate need of fundamental coaching. But I would have hoped that with all the hype their skill set would be much better coming in. Again comparing to last season? I would think you couldn't get much lower than that so there's only one way to go Watching this season we "look" awkward and actually not as good despite whatever stats you use. The look of this team is very "jv" like

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Comparing anything to last year as a benchmark? Last year was probably the worst season ever. And this season is no better. Well slightly? The freshman lack division 1 skills. They are in desperate need of fundamental coaching. But I would have hoped that with all the hype their skill set would be much better coming in. Again comparing to last season? I would think you couldn't get much lower than that so there's only one way to go Watching this season we "look" awkward and actually not as good despite whatever stats you use. The look of this team is very "jv" like
    Oh good. You are OK. I was quite concerned when there were a number of people posting positive comments when they were on their winning streak. When you didn't show up with your normal butterflies and sunshine posts, I wondered if something happened to you. Welcome back!

I don't think it's constructive to be a poly-Anna with unrealism. But good for u

I don't think it's constructive to be a poly-Anna with unrealism. But good for u
    I've never been a pollyanna with this team nor any other NDSU programs. So I have no idea from where that comment comes. But attack away! Better to focus your hatred on me than 18 year olds.

Hatred? Goodness. U seemed as warped as the Ashly Judd Invent a lie. I don't hate anyone. I just try to be realistic Without constructive criticism a program can never move forward if they ignore gaping holes

Hatred? Goodness. U seemed as warped as the Ashly Judd Invent a lie. I don't hate anyone. I just try to be realistic Without constructive criticism a program can never move forward if they ignore gaping holes
    So please tell us how your constant supposed constructive criticism on this venue is going to move the program forward?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."