Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

Default Re: SHAC Reviews Here

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    This falls directly on the architect. Sometimes they make mistakes in their designs.
    So, Road, you clearly are in the know. Are the folks at NDSU really concerned about it? Or being treated as something folks just need to live with?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, Road, you clearly are in the know. Are the folks at NDSU really concerned about it? Or being treated as something folks just need to live with?
    I don't have any inside info on the reaction of NDSU folks.

533 In a row

At this point it is impossible to correct, without completely scrapping the seating and starting over, which I don't see happening. But lets spend the money and tear it all down and start over to se what it would do.The north section, east section, and the corners have 18 rows. Lets say you waned to add a tiny 2 inches of leg room. That is an extra 3 feet that would be needed at the bottom. Sure it seems like there is enough rom at the floor but three feet would cramp it up a lot. The cost will be the main factor. It may b a million bucks for the entire bleachers!! Now way they do anything, no going to happen. Seriously, I sit in the east side and I m 6'1" and don't think it is that bad. I also went to the north end to check out the seats and again, not bad. Sure it's a little tight, but nothing that much worse or different then most stadium seating I have been in.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    At this point it is impossible to correct, without completely scrapping the seating and starting over, which I don't see happening. But lets spend the money and tear it all down and start over to se what it would do.The north section, east section, and the corners have 18 rows. Lets say you waned to add a tiny 2 inches of leg room. That is an extra 3 feet that would be needed at the bottom. Sure it seems like there is enough rom at the floor but three feet would cramp it up a lot. The cost will be the main factor. It may b a million bucks for the entire bleachers!! Now way they do anything, no going to happen. Seriously, I sit in the east side and I m 6'1" and don't think it is that bad. I also went to the north end to check out the seats and again, not bad. Sure it's a little tight, but nothing that much worse or different then most stadium seating I have been in.
    Help me out; why could you not fix it if you remove a few rows of seating? To me, since it is a pull out, I'd think it is fixable even if expensive.

Help me out; why could you not fix it if you remove a few rows of seating? To me, since it is a pull out, I'd think it is fixable even if expensive.
    $$$$$$$$$. You would have to start over. Aint going to happen. And like I said, it isn't that bad.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

$$$$$$$$$. You would have to start over. Aint going to happen. And like I said, it isn't that bad.
    Why do you have to start all over if you remove a few rows? Please explain that. Starting over is taking it down to the frame again. I'm 6' 4"; it sounds horrible.

you dont think its bad, but for some it is...simple agree to disagree

I'm in the Tolerant camp, but....but they should have made more room in a BRAND NEW renovation. The old 1980 theater seats in my old hometowns defunct movie hall had more leg room, its 2016 people are not getting smaller

but again it is what it is
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Let me try. Each row most likely can only be pulled out to a certain point. They would likely have to change out all of the risers.

533 In a row

Looking at the plans the cut section shows one less row on the east side than what actually ended up being in place. This could be an impact to "legroom". The drawing depiction which is far from being actual or even having the company that ends up providing the bleachers shows ample leg room space 10"+. The spec's have just about everything else listed except legroom. So if they didn't call out a minimum leg room space and all the other items match the spec's the bleacher supplier will wash their hands of it and say it's per spec. Any changes would be on NDSUs dime.

I'm 6'-4" and leg room is always an issue for me everywhere so to see people that are much shorter than I am complaining about something only people my height and taller usually are the only ones affected by "space conserving legroom sizes" is a bit concerning. Thankfully I have seats where there isn't a seat in front of me (I think!?) People have used my seats may need to verify as I haven't had the pleasure to check it out myself!

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Very poor design for seating. So what are they going to do? Tear it all out? Find a way to pull seating out 2 more feet and give each row 3/4 inch more leg room?
    3/4" is a lot when I only have 5.5" (length of my iPhone) of current legroom between my seat and the seat in front of me in section 105. It's miserable.