Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

Default Re: Bohl News

This is very similar to the reserved tailgating complaints where many high level points holder leapfrogged a lot of long time tailgaters, including me and my group. Was pretty bitter about it at the time even though I realize the reasoning and $$ talks. I've since gotten over it mostly because I don't know how else you make things "fair". There is no fair when things like this are based on how much $$ you have/give. That's just life, sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    This is very similar to the reserved tailgating complaints where many high level points holder leapfrogged a lot of long time tailgaters, including me and my group. Was pretty bitter about it at the time even though I realize the reasoning and $$ talks. I've since gotten over it mostly because I don't know how else you make things "fair". There is no fair when things like this are based on how much $$ you have/give. That's just life, sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.
    Personally I think current ticket holders should get first shot at seats they want to pay for (this isn't going to necessarily all be high value seats) then points. Because those ticket holders were the ones that drove the sales prior to BSA remodel more than likely (jeez just agreed with Chapo!?). I can't remember exactly but wasn't that how they did it? Granted some high $$ were able to do the season tickets the year or two before at Scheels Arena to get in on the action, which I'm okay with.

Do we know what drove this decision, purely the alcohol sections, doesn't seem like it as most of those were student section and the balcony seats which IMO were somewhat trash anyway, not sure why anyone would pick season tickets up there when all the lower sections essentially still had some available? Did they feel they were leaving $$ on the table or what? Obviously enough big $$ guys start dangling a carrot with conditions the more this type of stuff happens.

Just glad I decided to forgo the bball tickets until kids are out of college or so after having them for a several years including first couple years at new BSA.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Personally I think current ticket holders should get first shot at seats they want to pay for (this isn't going to necessarily all be high value seats) then points. Because those ticket holders were the ones that drove the sales prior to BSA remodel more than likely (jeez just agreed with Chapo!?). I can't remember exactly but wasn't that how they did it? Granted some high $$ were able to do the season tickets the year or two before at Scheels Arena to get in on the action, which I'm okay with.

Do we know what drove this decision, purely the alcohol sections, doesn't seem like it as most of those were student section and the balcony seats which IMO were somewhat trash anyway, not sure why anyone would pick season tickets up there when all the lower sections essentially still had some available? Did they feel they were leaving $$ on the table or what? Obviously enough big $$ guys start dangling a carrot with conditions the more this type of stuff happens.

Just glad I decided to forgo the bball tickets until kids are out of college or so after having them for a several years including first couple years at new BSA.
    My email says that all season ticket holders will be reseated. If you are a season ticket holder you will be given a time to pick seats (that’s how they did it last time). So no one who didn’t stick with and have season tics will jump you. Based on how many season tickets/ account holders there are, I think I’ll probably get my tickets back.

From e mail: All season ticket holders will be assigned a timeslot and must select seats during or after this time. Your old seats will not be eligible for renewal but can still be purchased if available during your timeslot.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    My email says that all season ticket holders will be reseated. If you are a season ticket holder you will be given a time to pick seats (that’s how they did it last time). So no one who didn’t stick with and have season tics will jump you. Based on how many season tickets/ account holders there are, I think I’ll probably get my tickets back.

From e mail: All season ticket holders will be assigned a timeslot and must select seats during or after this time. Your old seats will not be eligible for renewal but can still be purchased if available during your timeslot.
    That "procedure" is not the item in question. It's who gets to be slotted into this procedure. Are people who haven't had bball tickets or purchased them after those who did the original seating in BSA going to allow to jump in front because of this "reseating"? I guess I don't know how you quantify # of years season ticket holder other than they give you points for consecutive years. That said not really sure this was best move on their part when it was just done 6-7 years ago? It may be out there and I don't pay attention to this anymore but what is the "official" reason for this?

Personally right now I don't care no skin in the game. I gave up bball tickets for several reasons so what they're doing now doesn't currently directly affect me anyway.

That "procedure" is not the item in question. It's who gets to be slotted into this procedure. Are people who haven't had bball tickets or purchased them after those who did the original seating in BSA going to allow to jump in front because of this "reseating"? I guess I don't know how you quantify # of years season ticket holder other than they give you points for consecutive years. That said not really sure this was best move on their part when it was just done 6-7 years ago? It may be out there and I don't pay attention to this anymore but what is the "official" reason for this?

Personally right now I don't care no skin in the game. I gave up bball tickets for several reasons so what they're doing now doesn't currently directly affect me anyway.
    Now I see what you mean. I stuck it out when everyone around me bailed, so yes, I think there should be something for loyalty.

Here’s the stats from the paper:
    Men's basketball has 1,800 season tickets under 400 account holders and women's basketball has 680 season tickets under 200 accounts, according to NDSU athletic director Matt Larsen.

With only 400 accounts to deal with I think it could have been different. I’ll be driving to Towson when I pick. Can I pull over and go on line? Yes. But it is inconvenient to find a place when traveling. (I’m one of those who just drives, drives, drives)
    But, I don’t have a solution that’s better so Ill go with theirs.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

As StL said, the existing season ticket holders will go first. If you gave up your tickets or didn't have them at any time in the past, you will get a shot at tickets after the re-seating process is complete.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    As StL said, the existing season ticket holders will go first. If you gave up your tickets or didn't have them at any time in the past, you will get a shot at tickets after the re-seating process is complete.
    I think concern here is the existing season ticket holders that have started in past 2-4 years with high points nabbing someone's seats they'd prefer to keep and pay for after they put in X years at the bsa and stuck through it at Scheels arena and picked the seats they wanted was what just 6-7 years ago. Not the season ticket buyers that are trying to get in this year, I think we all understood they were in 2nd priority at least that was the way I read it.

But either way is it really "fair" in the end the old Benjamins do most of the talking, think pretty much everyone has accepted that reality. But then reality is you're going to have upset ticket holders in a few unique situations. Other situations maybe people get better seats?

Again not my skin I understand that I'm at bottom of the totem pole in bball after letting them go 3 or 4 years ago when I was only making 2-3 games a year due to kid activities and I couldn't hardly even give them away for free.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

I think concern here is the existing season ticket holders that have started in past 2-4 years with high points nabbing someone's seats they'd prefer to keep and pay for after they put in X years at the bsa and stuck through it at Scheels arena and picked the seats they wanted was what just 6-7 years ago. Not the season ticket buyers that are trying to get in this year, I think we all understood they were in 2nd priority at least that was the way I read it.

But either way is it really "fair" in the end the old Benjamins do most of the talking, think pretty much everyone has accepted that reality. But then reality is you're going to have upset ticket holders in a few unique situations. Other situations maybe people get better seats?

Again not my skin I understand that I'm at bottom of the totem pole in bball after letting them go 3 or 4 years ago when I was only making 2-3 games a year due to kid activities and I couldn't hardly even give them away for free.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    f it. I'll just say NO and keep.my 750
    they made our section a student section & FORCE me out of front row seats for some shitty row 5 ones in the corner that I have to crawl over 5 rows of people.. dumb
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Kind of off topic, but could help to paint a picture as to why this didn't happen sooner at NDSU... From College AD:
    Kansas State Will Limit Beer Sales During Football Games
    Kansas State football fans will not be able to buy beer or wine at concession stands throughout Bill Snyder Stadium during the upcoming football season.
    A year after expanding access to beer and alcohol, the university said this week that it is returning to a previous policy that limited alcohol sales to specific areas such as club seating and beer gardens, The Kansas City Star reported.
    Athletic Director Gene Taylor said the change comes after 60% of fans who answered a survey said they preferred limited beer sales and a combined exit/re-entry over beer sales at every concession stand and no re-entry.

huh. they just wanted to walk out & slam 4-5 Busch lattes at half. we did that when we were there too

same at Montana St
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?