Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SHAC Reviews Here

First time at the shac. 6'1 is my height. Sat in section 107 behind the basket. I will say that I had more room at the metrodome which is sad as hell . But, the padded seats were nice. I was in an aisle seat, but if not for that I probably would not have made the whole game to be honest. I know most people are not over 6 feet so maybe not a huge deal for the majority of people, but was definitely a problem for me. The arena is awesome though and is very loud when it wants to be. Cool home advantage and it definitely got in the heads of western at times. I'd love to have another Kansas state type game there, I think it would be insane.

The SHAC is as awesome as the fans make it.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The SHAC is as awesome as the fans make it.

/thread
    So we have an off season to make it more awesome, how do we do it?
    Cheer Team with student chants
    Signs and big heads of players
    Put half the cheer team on the north end of the court
    Speed up the firehouse sub truck race, trucks to slow
    What other great ideas are out there.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    So we have an off season to make it more awesome, how do we do it?
    Cheer Team with student chants
    Signs and big heads of players
    Put half the cheer team on the north end of the court
    Speed up the firehouse sub truck race, trucks to slow
    What other great ideas are out there.
    Home of the BISON at end of National Anthem would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by ec8ch View Post
    home of the bison at end of national anthem would be a good start.
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

It feels like fans are remembering how great of a bball atmosphere we can have. Last 2 years were tough away from campus is a hockey arena. I hope atmospheres like yesterday is a breakthrough moment.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    It feels like fans are remembering how great of a bball atmosphere we can have. Last 2 years were tough away from campus is a hockey arena. I hope atmospheres like yesterday is a breakthrough moment.
    I hope so too, the second half was fun.

Both times now I sat in the 200 sections, legroom is fine there and the seats are comfortable. There is plenty of space around the court to give each row an extra 1-1.5 inches if they need to, though I doubt the risers can accommodate that.

The off-center end risers still bug me, looks very amateurish.

Would nice to pump in some music. Yes I know the pep band is there but playing school song 5 times loses some if it appeal. Give them a break once in awhile during real momentum swing in our favor. Also get rid of the 10 t shirt tosses and some more of the time break stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I hope so too, the second half was fun.

Both times now I sat in the 200 sections, legroom is fine there and the seats are comfortable. There is plenty of space around the court to give each row an extra 1-1.5 inches if they need to, though I doubt the risers can accommodate that.

The off-center end risers still bug me, looks very amateurish.
    I counted on east side there is 26 rows (on east side and think this is also true for north and south end but I could be wrong, not sure on the west side). so 1" of extra riser "width" would without taking into consideration any other complications add 26" (or 2'-2") I think that is doable, I haven't really paid attention after the game how many people actually go down rather than up and then back down the stairs to get out. I think losing 2'-2" around the court wouldn't be too huge of a problem, only thing I can think of what is the requirement per fire code. generally it is shortest path to exit (so that would likely eliminate almost all seats from going up and then down the stairs other than maybe the top say 5 rows might be?) and at what point do they have to have "X" width of space for evacuation? 1 1/2" would mean 39" (or 3'-3") I think then you're really going to be intruding on the buffer between the seats and the court too much. So even though it seems like a lot have to remember to take that x 26. Whatever they can give me though I'll take it, what they have currently is the bare minimum imo. And maybe that's the price we pay with keeping those seats and wanting to "remodel". Or they fix it by taking out the comfy seats and putting in what was originally planned. Or they adjust the width of the risers ever so slightly and keep the seats (but still in the very very vertical position which I find somewhat awkward but livable rather than having to bend myself in at even a more awkward position.

I did email Pat & Matt on it neither responded to me. Also sent them pictures so maybe it's hanging out in their junk mail filter or deleted!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Would nice to pump in some music. Yes I know the pep band is there but playing school song 5 times loses some if it appeal. Give them a break once in awhile during real momentum swing in our favor. Also get rid of the 10 t shirt tosses and some more of the time break stuff.
    Wish they'd do something about music too, the fight song gets old as you mentioned. Section 111/112 gets ignored by all the tshirt tosses like we don't even exist. The north/south bleachers get like 5 tossed to them and the west east side get like 10-15 each. Not even one our way. think we got one Coca Cola ball tossed absentmindedly our way on Saturday against WIU! Not that I care, unless they have $100 wrapped up in them. So yeah get rid of them if you're not going to be "fair"!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking at the seating chart there are 18 rows on the north and east sides and 10 on the west side. So I figure 1.5" is probably doable. I'm not sure if that's enough though. Like you mentioned the best solution may be replacing the seats with plastic ones.

The lower bowl is a pretty poor design, it's really inexcusable considering that part is all new. I hope they can find a way to fix it.