Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

Default Re: SHAC Reviews Here

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    In reality though how often in a big project with engineers, designers, major contractors, subs, etc, that someone actually steps up and takes responsibility and actually pushes back at the person whose (in this case NDSU) building it is. Response I have seen is you made the change from non padded to padding.

Engineers are the worst. They bill their 14% and have no responsibility. UNIBISON major you can chime in on this as well. I know your company tends to do things right the first time, but you have a reputation for fixing. I believe you are the exception not the rule.

So in the case of the SHAC, some would say poor design (after seeing the finished product), major change in seating after the fact, change in AD, the seating company and designers are probably going to say F U to NDSU.
    Subtle (minor) changes often sneak up and cause significant issues in any project. The change to padded seating, much as it was nice to have must not have been reviewed by the team that designed the seating structure using hard plastic seats. If they did it was a major fail not to have seen the difference in dimensions. That is why I asked if NDSU had a project manager to represent their interests in the project. I am sure there was a project manager for the general contractor, and possibly for some of the sub contractors. Apparently the decision to go to padded seats did not get reviewed for any impacts to the existing design. Responsibility shared or otherwise can be determined by who did and did not see communication about the seat change.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Subtle (minor) changes often sneak up and cause significant issues in any project. The change to padded seating, much as it was nice to have must not have been reviewed by the team that designed the seating structure using hard plastic seats. If they did it was a major fail not to have seen the difference in dimensions. That is why I asked if NDSU had a project manager to represent their interests in the project. I am sure there was a project manager for the general contractor, and possibly for some of the sub contractors. Apparently the decision to go to padded seats did not get reviewed for any impacts to the existing design. Responsibility shared or otherwise can be determined by who did and did not see communication about the seat change.
    So reading between the lines, NDSU probably didn't have a designated project manager. The people NDSU thought they had working for them will hide under the umbrella you are responsible for the work done as they should have had a project manager and are ultimately responsible, and at the end of the day NDSU will be on the hook although parties will make some concessions to save face.

I had a project in which the engineering firm was billing me for administrative and supervision services, well turns out that wasn't in their contract and I should have had "supervisor or project manager" supervising the supervisors billing me. To my surprise they weren't responsible for anything except getting paid.

I can see that happening in this case based on what you noted a few posts back.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    I thought the exact same thing when the food service staff were going upstream against the crowd and they essentially forced us into that obstructing table. That obstructing table sells 50/50 raffle tickets before the game and needs to disappear way before the crowd exits. Plus the 2 employees standing between the corner of the table and the outside wall further blocked the crowd exiting. But, every time I look at that garage door right there I am glad that I am not a UNI football fan.

Entry at that location could also be improved with some signage/directing fans so those that need to buy or pick up tickets know where to line up and those that have tickets know how to get in the ticket taker line instead of ending up in a ND nice mixing bowl where everyone is so polite that no one moves. Adjusting the location of the ticket takers and that 50/50 table backwards and into a more open area should be considered so there is less congestion. I avoid the 50/50 table to do my part to decrease the congestion behind me.
    More than likely the table is left there on purpose because of the exit door that goes into the small loading dock. The table moves people on the inside of the column and sufficiently blocks the door, and there was a guy standing in front of the door to block it also last night,

It would also help if people would understand that all of the doors in the ticket area work. For example people coming down the stairs would use the farthest west doors.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVifte View Post
    It would also help if people would understand that all of the doors in the ticket area work. For example people coming down the stairs would use the farthest west doors.
    That is true, however am I wrong that at times they do not take down all the posts and restrict it to not full width at least on the north side. I know it was like that several times which I though was quite strange, I think after the mens game it was full width.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVifte View Post

This times 20. When you have 20 doors why are people only using 5 or 6? I try to make it a point to use a door that is not being used... Just as bad at the dome too after a football game.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    This times 20. When you have 20 doors why are people only using 5 or 6? I try to make it a point to use a door that is not being used... Just as bad at the dome too after a football game.
    In North Dakota nobody uses the far left lane...

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So the bottom line is it going to get fixed or not? I have not heard anything back from NDSU regarding it? And yes I did email them.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

First time there today. Very nice! The cheap seats up top are pretty tight. Cool to look around and remember playing ball there as a kid and track events and watching Metallica as a 7th grader.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    First time there today. Very nice! The cheap seats up top are pretty tight. Cool to look around and remember playing ball there as a kid and track events and watching Metallica as a 7th grader.
    Wow must be close to the same age. I remember that concert too. Black Album tour. No opening band. If I remember... Kind of an oval shaped stage and they opened with Sandman and closed with Battery.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com