Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SHAC Reviews Here

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    How about after they already redid it? I didn't like it but after they adjusted the seats it is night and day different for us.
    Even the slightest adjustment to what it was made a difference. Still not acceptable for a new arena in my opinion.

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My seat is maybe 1/4" better. It's different throughout the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Just calling you out PL. You look like the fool and NDSU looks worse everyday for a lame design for the SHAC basketball court. It is so bad people don't even want to sit in the seats (could be a good thing, but then would have to figure out a way to make fans cheer). If NDSU is going to make sure the builder understands the extent of the problem, and possibly some liability for the cost to correct it, it would be helpful to have 1000 plus season ticket holders document the level of discomfort in a common format or survey. Might also help get it right the second time.
    Please tell me what you are calling me out on? Forwarding information?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    My seat is maybe 1/4" better. It's different throughout the arena.

My wife would kill for an extra 1/4"!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    My wife would kill for an extra 1/4"!
    2 words.........

Triple Rubber Bus.

I have not made it back to Fargo since football ended. Budget tight as going on 5 months as an unemployed project manager. I wonder if NDSU had a project manager involved to be sure things got done right, on time and within budget on the SHAC? If crap like the seating issue happened on a project of mine not only would I be answering to how this could happen, but I would be involved with making things right. This would include going out and gathering information on exactly what went wrong, and making interim and long term fixes. Seems in this case interim fixes have been made, but curious what the long term fixes will be.
    Your simply the best!
    TRUST THE PROCESS

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Normally I bring my own padding with me anyway

This is so true for so many Bison fans!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    This is so true for so many Bison fans!
    We've got big butts and we can not lie.

OK, just for fun go look at the San Jose State court on TV, they are on CBS sports right now. Lmao

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have not made it back to Fargo since football ended. Budget tight as going on 5 months as an unemployed project manager. I wonder if NDSU had a project manager involved to be sure things got done right, on time and within budget on the SHAC? If crap like the seating issue happened on a project of mine not only would I be answering to how this could happen, but I would be involved with making things right. This would include going out and gathering information on exactly what went wrong, and making interim and long term fixes. Seems in this case interim fixes have been made, but curious what the long term fixes will be.
    In reality though how often in a big project with engineers, designers, major contractors, subs, etc, that someone actually steps up and takes responsibility and actually pushes back at the person whose (in this case NDSU) building it is. Response I have seen is you made the change from non padded to padding.

Engineers are the worst. They bill their 14% and have no responsibility. UNIBISON major you can chime in on this as well. I know your company tends to do things right the first time, but you have a reputation for fixing. I believe you are the exception not the rule.

So in the case of the SHAC, some would say poor design (after seeing the finished product), major change in seating after the fact, change in AD, the seating company and designers are probably going to say F U to NDSU.