Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

Default Re: SHAC Reviews Here

Glad to see they are looking into improving the comfort of the seating at the SHAC.

Hope they can find a budget conscious way to make a noticeable improvement.

With how much room there is between the end of the bleachers and the court....I feel like the 36 inch deck would have been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    With how much room there is between the end of the bleachers and the court....I feel like the 36 inch deck would have been perfect.
    The two corner sections would get even more narrow at the bottom if the deck spacing was increased. Wonder if that part of the design drove them to a narrower spacing?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The two corner sections would get even more narrow at the bottom if the deck spacing was increased. Wonder if that part of the design drove them to a narrower spacing?
    They probably looked at the Fargodome. Same 33" spacing there.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    They probably looked at the Fargodome. Same 33" spacing there.
    I bet a big part too then is how flat the plastic seats fold up in the dome compared to the cushioned ones. At the SHAC it feels like i can't back up enough even when standing to let someone pass in front of me. At the Dome it feels way easier to get out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    If you had to evacuate, couldn't or wouldn't you walk across the court to get out? As such the seating could be closer to the court.

Probably not the most efficient way no... Remember they have to take in account the full capacity too. That said I think the space is likely due to fitting the court into an existing space...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    http://www.inforum.com/sports/418448...erns-new-arena

NDSU hoping seat adjustment will alleviate concerns in new arena
    The part that stands out in the article to me is that they installed them with the minimum 'allowed' leg room. However, that's not the part that stands out to me. What stands out is they installed them with the minimum allowed decking but then added "well the seats are longer too...and padded. So that doesn't help." That leads me to believe that its even smaller than a 33" clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    The part that stands out in the article to me is that they installed them with the minimum 'allowed' leg room. However, that's not the part that stands out to me. What stands out is they installed them with the minimum allowed decking but then added "well the seats are longer too...and padded. So that doesn't help." That leads me to believe that its even smaller than a 33" clearance.
    Its 33 inches. I measured it. I really don't get how the length of the seat bottom matters though.

533 In a row

Its 33 inches. I measured it. I really don't get how the length of the seat bottom matters though.
    This is what I was thinking. Your legs length don't change regardless of the length of the seat. Your butt goes in the same spot. I was confused by that sentence.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I think what they are trying to say is that is may be 33", but when you're sitting in the seat, its not the full 33" as their is padding to account for on the back of the seat. The edge of the seat may be 33" away from the back of the seat in front of it, but once you're sitting in it, its less than 33".