Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

Default Re: SHAC Reviews Here

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Last night I checked out the depth (front to back) of the seating at the SHAC. All of the new pull-out seating sections with the padded seats have a depth of exactly 33 inches. I checked rows in the SE corner, the north side and the west side. All of them are the same.

Then I went upstairs to the old upper level seating. The depth of the rows varied from about 32" to about 32.5".

Next week I will check out the Fargodome.

Also overheard someone saying that NDSU officials are well aware of the complaints and are determining what can be done to fix the issue.
    The seats themselves are so comfortable if they get the leg room figured out, it is going to awesome.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not in favor of removing seats to fix the leg room issue (if this is being considered) and I don't know how they can fix it without spending serious cash. All I can do is look in the past and add to the complaining...

The damn pullout seats should have been extended AT LEAST 2 more feet from the beginning, there's plenty of room from the court to the seats and I think that was the intention but somebody messed up.
    I was never in favor of the configuration and the double or triple function plans for the SHAC from the beginning, hence the pullout seats...somebody is getting pats on the back that aren't deserving...

I'm not sure there is anything they can do without spending money they don't have...

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Last night I checked out the depth (front to back) of the seating at the SHAC. All of the new pull-out seating sections with the padded seats have a depth of exactly 33 inches. I checked rows in the SE corner, the north side and the west side. All of them are the same.

Then I went upstairs to the old upper level seating. The depth of the rows varied from about 32" to about 32.5".

Next week I will check out the Fargodome.

Also overheard someone saying that NDSU officials are well aware of the complaints and are determining what can be done to fix the issue.
    I'm sitting here smiling picturing road walking around the SHAC with a tape measure
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The seats themselves are so comfortable if they get the leg room figured out, it is going to awesome.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

AKBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It is going to cost millions to fix this. In fact, depending on who lies at fault, it might be better to just use that money as a down payment and properly redo the the arena in bowl configuration. So dumb...
    Last edited by AKBison; 11-25-2016 at 02:40 PM.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It is going to cost millions to fix this. In fact, depending on how lies at fault, it might be better to just use that money as a down payment and properly redo the the arena in bowl configuration. So dumb...
    Craig Bowl formation?

Paul, AJ, and Dex are all 6'6", Carlin Dupree is 6'3". They all seem to be sitting the seats with enough leg room...

IMG_3679.jpg
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Paul, AJ, and Dex are all 6'6", Carlin Dupree is 6'3". They all seem to be sitting the seats with enough leg room...

IMG_3679.jpg
    No way those are in my section
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post

IMG_3679.jpg
    Note how their legs and knees are spread out to each side of the chairback in front of them. That's the only way to fit your legs otherwise your shins wedge against the seatback in front of you.

Which also makes it difficult to fit next to another grown adult in a seat right next to you, which is probably why in the picture they are sitting in every other seat.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Note how their legs and knees are spread out to each side of the chairback in front of them. That's the only way to fit your legs otherwise your shins wedge against the seatback in front of you.
    The cup holders are all the way back and in between the seat. Don't seem to be an issue for that either.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.