Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAC Reviews Here

Default Re: SHAC Reviews Here

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Can we officially call the arena portion a "boondoggle" at this point?
    Yes we can

Quote Originally Posted by BISONFAN4LIFE View Post
    Yes we can
    Can we just CLOSE the doors, go back to the hockey arena, tear it down, build it perfect, and then ALL BE HAPPY!!!
    {purple}

I hope they didn't pay too much for the card stunts. Those were horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by NDGooch View Post
    I hope they didn't pay too much for the card stunts. Those were horrible!
    didnt look good with empty seats for sure. Would be cool to see at a football gsme.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but when SDSU put chairbacks behind the benches in Frost they were awful.

The angle of the whole side was wrong so people in those seats couldn't see a few feet of the court because it was blocked - for the entire side, upper level too. I sat there once, it was terrible, never again. I think it was Nate's senior year. The company who sold us the seats tore it all out and replaced it free of charge after the season was over. Or maybe they were able to retrofit it and my story is an exaggeration that I heard 2nd hand. In our situation, it was so obvious that SDSU would have won a lawsuit pretty easily. This could be off, just my recollection of events at the time.

Not commentary on the SHAC situation, just an anecdotal story that relates to some of the concerns I've read here.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I love the new SHAC because the old BSA was embarrassing. The leg room is my only knock. I don't get how it's so bad. I am only 6'0" but my knees are basically touching the shoulders of the person in front of me. They are comfy seats though.

I couldn't imagine the struggle people have that are taller or bigger than me.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    I love the new SHAC because the old BSA was embarrassing. The leg room is my only knock. I don't get how it's so bad. I am only 6'0" but my knees are basically touching the shoulders of the person in front of me. They are comfy seats though.

I couldn't imagine the struggle people have that are taller or bigger than me.
    Situation should be fixable everywhere, except may in the upper GA section. Lots of room to expand around the court in all directions. i'd be dissapointed if this wasn't pursued now or next year.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Situation should be fixable everywhere, except may in the upper GA section. Lots of room to expand around the court in all directions. i'd be dissapointed if this wasn't pursued now or next year.
    Yeah, they have to be seeing the problem. If they don't figure something out, then I will be very disappointed.

I want to get season tickets next year but I am hesitant to get them if the problem doesn't get fixed. I am currently having to order tickets because I can choose seats that are isle seats to help alleviate the leg problem a little bit.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Last night I checked out the depth (front to back) of the seating at the SHAC. All of the new pull-out seating sections with the padded seats have a depth of exactly 33 inches. I checked rows in the SE corner, the north side and the west side. All of them are the same.

Then I went upstairs to the old upper level seating. The depth of the rows varied from about 32" to about 32.5".

Next week I will check out the Fargodome.

Also overheard someone saying that NDSU officials are well aware of the complaints and are determining what can be done to fix the issue.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    They are well informed about the legroom issue. Some sections are not fully extended, as previously mentioned.
    Of course they are working on this as well as options for other sections.
    A group of us had dinner with ML (a bison showcase prize) & they've got this. Enjoy the bb games & trust in them